AVIC411.com

Audio doesn't mute when navigation voice prompts directions

!st of all this site is a great thing and iv gotten alot of good information from it so thanks to everyone who makes that possable. Anyway.. I recently purchased an AVIC-f700bt from one of L.As Circuit City stores and had it installed by them, I asked one of the guys doing the install if he could bypass haveing the e break ingauged in order for me to enter address in the nav settings while driving. He said he couldnt but all i had to do was find the Lt grn wire down by the e break pedal dis connect it and ground it and that was all. So i got home and found the wire was twited in line to a lt blue one. i took the lt green one off of the blue one and put the end of it under a metal washer and bolt head that was holding the e break release handle in place. That worked with the exception of everytime i start my truck a window pops up that says it has detected an improper connection to the breakline, and i press the ok button and it goes away now could this be why my audio does not mute when the nav voice prompts directions?? Do i have a proper ground??? I see now in a diagram on this site that there is a mute wire that needs to be moved, did the guy at circuit city forget to tell me that?? Is the mute wire what shuts the music down when Avic talks?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks.

Well welcome to the site. Your nav mute voice problem has nothing to do with the improper instructions from the Circuit City guy. You have to set the voice to either mute or attenuate. A quick gaze over the manual just revealed to me that those settings might be under the AV settings menu. Consult page 144 for complete details. Also a quick search of this site will give you proper instructions on the full proof bypass, good luck.