AVIC411.com

AVIC-F90BT Screen Flickering From Day To Night Mode

Hi Everyone,

I have an AVIC-F90BT installed in a 2007 Scion tC. I put it in around a week ago. Recently, When the headlights have been off, after about 10 or 15 minutes, the screen starts to flicker to night mode, and then back to day mode, and then back again, and it just keeps flickering. When I turn my running lights on it goes to night mode like it should, and then it stops flickering.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? Could this be an overheating warning?

Thanks!

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

kk, so its an issue with how much current is getting through? And I just put the resistor between the f90 ill wire and the harness ill wire?

And one like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/5-1-4W-1000-OHM-1-OHMITE-RESISTOR-R5J1K0-NOS_W0QQitemZ370069680115QQcmdZViewItem

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/50pcs-1k-Ohm-Resistors-1-4W-5-1000-ohm-1-K-carbon_W0QQitemZ150286612634QQcmdZViewItem

Either of those resistors should work fine. You may also be able to get one from Radio Shack for less.

No, it is not to limit the current. It is to cause some current to flow to ground so that the voltage on the ill wire does not float too high. Do not install it in line.

Tie one end of the resistor into the connection where the ill wire from the car meets the ill wire from the AVIC. Both wires will still be connected together and to one leg of the resistor. Connect the other leg of the resistor to a good ground, such as the black wire to the AVIC.

• 3 weeks later...

Before I go ahead and do this soon, I had an idea on what else could be causing this.

I have a system that draws a large amount of power, often it dims my lights and such, could this be the issue? If I were just to get a bigger battery would that fix this?