AVIC411.com

Vehicle speed on 08 Mustang (other than PCM VSS)

I searched and found the wire on the PCM to tap into for the VSS. My question is why can't I use the "Vehicle Speed" wire that already goes to the stereo for the factory auto volume. (Pin 14 on J1 connector on pinout attached) Is it a different signal. I have searched this forum and mustang forums but can't find the answer.

Shaker500.pdf

the mustang uses a can bus signal for the speed sense so its not in the radio harness. actually in my 07 gt/cs my speed volume never worked on the factory radio. i didnt care much since the radio only stayed in there for a week. on the 08 and up i believe, even the 12+ accessory wire is not there and is controlled by the can bus as well.

well, its a data connection. the f150 is different as it has illumination and vss in the harness. take my info for what its worth. i install for a living.....

Your right, pin 14 is not populated on the car. Guess I will be running a wire forward. Thanks everone for you input.