AVIC411.com

700BT iPod Interface - Smoother than D3?

hey all,

i currently have a d3 but am seriously considering an upgrade to the 700bt seeing as its so mod-friendly

my question is regarding the ipod interface - is it smoother/easier to use than that of the the d3? what i'd like to know is how the scrolling through a list of songs/artists/etc works

right now - if i want to select a song by the artist "pearl jam" - i have to scroll down some 40 pages (one artist at a time) - this is pretty inconvenient (especially when traveling at 60mph on the expressway)

i know the 700bt has voice recognition which would make things easier - but im more interested in physically getting through the lists

if anyone has any links to videos showing someone searching through their ipod, that would be ideal

thanks everyone!

I agree...scrolling is actually the better alternative. The voice command in this unit is frankly pretty unusable. what would really be helpful is a list of the letters which would easily let you jump to where you want to be in the alphabet. And I don't mean the one that exists where you have to scroll thru a list just to get to the letter u want