AVIC411.com

Calling all F900BT holders on v2.0 with hardware bypass

Since updating my firmware, my GPS is acting funny. I'm not suspecting the bypass since it did work for a while. But I was hoping that if you have the brake bypass via rewiring and are running v2.0, you could confirm that. I would hate to redo my wiring only to find that it was a defective gyroscope.

I used to have a very strong GPS signal, now I have 2 blinking yellow bars. I took my gps antenna out and stuck in on the roof of my car and it didn't change things.

I had the rebooting issue and now have figure out how to get it to boot, but still can't get an accurate GPS location.

Thanks in advance for any input or troubleshooting suggestions that you can offer!

Janet

DVD plays fine. I even drove around with it on (lol). When I click Map, it shows me a place I was earlier today, about 40 miles away. Still got 3 blinking yellow bars for the gps signal. I guess it's time to rip the effer out and send her back to Long Beach.

You description of the problem sounds deeper than this but you might have locked the map to a search location at the red cusror. Mine did something similar when I had touched the screen and the red location cursor appeared along with the tilt and elevation icon. I even lost the red arrow and had to zoom out and find it after driving a bit. Going back to 2D worked as expected but 3D stayed locked. I found that I could reset the map to default location by pressing the map button again while in 3D.

Before rippin it out do this. While in 3D map mode, reach up and hit the map button again. Doing this seems to clear the cusor dot and resets the map to your current location. It might work for other issues. Also try to reset the unit and see what happens if this does not work. Resetting the unit seems to cure a lot of issues.

Not saying this will fix it but worth a shot if it keeps you from ripping the whole mess out.

There is a thread devoted to rebooting problems here:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20748