AVIC411.com

F900BT Bluetooth problems with HTC

Hey guys,

Just got my F900BT (European version) last week and up to now I am having mixed feelings on how it's actually working. My former system was a Pioneer AVIC-X1R which i kind of new by heart. Then as I needed to order my new lease car I also needed to make a decission on the navigation. As a 2DIN solution and my experience with the former Pioneer I decided to go with the F900BT. At the same time my phone needed replacement too for which I switched to WM 6.1 after being a Nokia junkie for almost all my mobile life. The HTC Touch HD (Blackstone) seemed to bring the best of all worlds to the table (sorry, I don't think it's available in the States?) so I am now not just trying to figure out my new head unit but also the new phone. As for the head unit, most common problems talked about on here apply to me but one problem I cannot find too much about is the Bluetooth connection which is giving me some serious headaches.

Ok, sorry for the long introduction, not trying to leave aynthing out here. I've searched this forum, the Parrot forum (the bluetooth being supplied by Parrot), the HTC forum and Google but so far no joy. The phone connects easily to the F900BT. Sending the phonebook also not a problem (although i think it's quite useless as I cannot identify the number being a cell/office/home number). The real problem starts when making a call. On the display of my phone it will show it has connected, but it won't mute the unit or switch to the phone for at least 3 seconds up to as much as 8 seconds. needless to say it's very disrupting while driving. I've upgraded firmware from both the unit and the BT software. Installed all available hotfixes from HTC. Tried pairing from the unit and pairing from the HTC. Deleted everything and started from scratch again, nothing seems to get rid of the delay in connection.

If anyone has experienced something like this, i would love to hear if there's a solution.