AVIC411.com

F90BT Not Powering Up

Just picked up F90BT on eBay and won't do full install for a couple of weeks but I just want to make sure the unit works before it's too late to return it.

So all I want to do do is see if it will power up at all.

What is the minimum needed? I've connected red and black and I'm showing constant 12V flowing but unit won't power up.

This is on 2004 Audi S4.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Audi wiring is weird.

I had to connect red and yellow to + in order for it power up but that is giving it constant 12V so it won't shut down when key is off/out.

At any rate, I should be able to get into system setting with just power cables hooked up, right? If I hold "MENU" and "MAP" buttons I can get to screen brightness setting, then when I click the go back arrow I end up in system settings but everything is disabled.

Same thing when it got powered up the first time, I could not select any languages or any other options it was prompting for.

Also, navi setting are disabled even though I had the antenna plugged in and getting signal.

Is this how it should be until everything is hooked up?

Is this how it should be until everything is hooked up?

Yes - you can't change any settings unless the handbrake cable is grounded or you bypass the unit.

You'll need a CANBus wiring adaptor for your car to generate a switched live signal, then the unit will switch on and off with the key :)

Thanks, I figured out few things since then.

Also, figured out that the unit will not turn off but that's ok because I will be putting in a master switch for it anyway. That way I will be able to to control when it comes on/off.