AVIC411.com

AVIC-F90BT and LG Vu (CU920) Bluetooth problems

Well had a Blackberry 8700r (Yeah I know it was old) The bluetooth worked 100%. Well me and the wife went and got new phones today. Woo Hoo , programmed the phone into the AVIC-F and it finds the unit. It wont load the contact list, and it SLOOOOOWWWSSS the radio down a LOT. When making a call, the audio is choppy and sounds like crap. So I deleted and tried it again, same thing. Got my wife's new phone (Samsung Propel) programmed it in and it works 100%.

What Im missing here? Is my phone too new to work with the unit? Is there a software update I need for the navi? Its the 2.0 version, just got it last week...

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Well doing some research on the internet and it seems Im not the only one. The contact list really isnt a big deal. I can enter them one by one, if I could get it to work. I sent a Vcard and it says Bluetooth busy. always says bluetooth busy. But anyways, the call audio quality is AWEFUL. It constantly is cutting out and making squealing noises. I wonder if theres a setting, it really acts like its trying to send the signal too fast or soemthing? Hell I really dont know, I just wished I could get it to work. Its one of the MAJOR reasons I bougth this radio.

Hell I wouldnt be too worried about the contact list. If the calls actually worked good... It cuts out repeatly, makes squealing and popping noises too.

Does you calls with the Vu actually have clarity?

Thing that sucks is I like the phone I hate to switch it for another one... Im gonna call Pioneer and see what they say.

Anyone else with a Vu and a 700,90,900 BT?

Ok just spent about 2 hours of my life trying to figure this out. Called Pioneer (basically in a nutshell) They say the phone needs a different firmware or something. LG says its Pioneer's fault and they need to fix the unit to work with that unit or I need to get a new phone or get a new radio. WOW BIG HELP! Anyone else ? PLEASE

mine works fine, but not with bluetooth upgrade that came with 2.0. went back to previous bluetooth firmware and everything works fine. Oh yeah, I have f700-bt. Contacts have to be loaded one at a time though. To load them you have to go into avic phone settings and, believe it or not, disconnect phone from radio before installing contacts. Then do the contact transfer and then you have to upload contacts from phone using option send vCard via bluetooth. Hope this helps, I've spent hours inside car, turning on and off and waiting for boot up, to check progress on contacts being added. It can be done

That's what Pioneer told me to do. I tried it and it works but its slow and tedious. And not every single time either sometimes have to do it multiple times. Tell you what Im not gonna sit there and transfer 100 + names with multiple numbers. And for the solution:

After spending all day on the phone, going to AT & T, and messing with it. The solution is SIMPLE. You can transfer the contacts easily to the Pioneer... On the Vu go into contacts and copy all contacts from smartchip to handset. If the contacts arent on the handset's memory the Pioneer will NEVER read them. Did that and the Pioneer read all my contacts and got them into the unit in about 2 minutes.. Good luck

PS I thought Id post the solution to this, all too many times on the internet people ask questions and find the solution but never post it. I installed car stereo professionally for 14 years and I was NOT gonna be beat by something simple! :)