AVIC411.com

OS X app to "explore" data.zip?

I hate to ask, because I realize most of the q's and a's have been addressed, but I cannot completely sort this out.

I changed my sounds to silence.wav, no prob.

I copied the whole backup to my 8g SD, downloaded the phone directory and have been working on editing with mySQL on OS X so my 3g will work with voice commands. no prob.

What I cannot seem to get is the proper app/function to work like WinRAR or notepad (ie-simply change value for speed, or just access data.zip at all without extracting).

For example, I want to add the mute/unmute button per another thread. If I can access the data.zip file then I can easily drop the images and the .ui file in the right spot. I cannot seem to get into the .zip correctly though!

Zipeg allows me to navigate and copy FROM the .zip without unarchiving, but will not allow me to drag drop TO the file, or delete contents.

Stuffit Expander immediately expands everything.

I apologize in advance if it's a completely stupid question. What do you use in OS X to work with the data.zip file and/or edit code?

Thanks for any help in advance. The search continues!