AVIC411.com

AVIC-F90 still keeps rebooting!!

So my F90 started getting the reboot problem that everybody else is having on these forums. I've tried resetting the unit and still no luck. I've also tried booting it up in testmode and deleting the files, but still no luck.

Pretty much the only option i have at this point would be to send it back to pioneer and have them fix it, but before i do that i want to try something else.

i work at a mobile audio store and we have a perfectly working F90 on display. could i simply delete everything on the flash disk for my defective F90 in the car, and then copy the files from the working F90 we have on display and simply paste it over onto the F90 thats in my car?

swapping my F90 out for one that we have here is not an option, because i purchased the F90 directly through pioneers accomodations program and everything is serialized.

tried doing the re-install as shown here:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20119

still the same thing. when you open up the "flash disk" are there a bunch of weird files along with the APL - APL1 - APL2 - APL3 - ExtraDumpFiles - User? there are about 16-20 files with non-lettered file names like [] and such. i tried deleting everything in the flash disk, but those files won't let me delete when i go up to File/Delete after selecting those files. For some reason, i think those are the files that are corrupted which is making my F90 go through all the reboots. If someone could get a screen shot of what it should look like inside their Flash Disk that'd be great.

i'm going to go out on a limb and say that it is resetting because you deleted everything it needs to run. it needs everything within those apl files, etc. i made a mistake somewhere on my data.zip file, so i believe my head unit was resetting everytime it tried to boot the nav software. yours is probably doing the same thing, but much more frequently because you are deleting files and not replacing them.

i'm sorry, but i forgot to mention that i did replace all folders and files that i deleted originally from the flash disk, like it says to do. i'm pretty much running out of options. only thing i haven't tried yet is copying all the files over from the working F90 at my store and then installing those files onto my F90 in the car. i'm afraid i may hit a dead end here as well, since i did the re-install which is pretty much the same thing.

If for some reason you do reinstall those files from the other unit, let us know if it works. If it does, please post those files so I can do the same. I think it is really weird that something magically changed from one day to the next and now everyones avic is rebooting. Sounds like pioneer needs to issue another update.

HOLY CRAP!

so today i come into work bummed out knowing i have to package up my bricked F90 to be sent out and be without it for 2 weeks or so only to come into work today and find out that pioneer had already sent me another brand new F90 through UPS. its pretty much another brand new one in the box with all the wiring and accessories.

going to install this tonight!

A++++ for pioneer customer service.

ok. i have an idea. could someone just provide a link or anything, to put their backup files on here cause i did the same thing and mine keeps rebooting. it is because something got deleted in the original file that wasnt surpose to get deleted. and if someone really had a big heart. they could give the right bypass zip(perferrably the one that works) and the backup together. email works too. mine is duatamn24@hotmail.com. i would really appriciate this so i didnt have to spend the money and time to send my unit back to pioneer.

HOLY CRAP!

so today i come into work bummed out knowing i have to package up my bricked F90 to be sent out and be without it for 2 weeks or so only to come into work today and find out that pioneer had already sent me another brand new F90 through UPS. its pretty much another brand new one in the box with all the wiring and accessories.

going to install this tonight!

A++++ for pioneer customer service.

They sent you a new one before you even sent them yours? That doesn't make any sense.

it didn't make sense to me either. it was quite surprising and obviously made my day. i did call our local retail pioneer rep, so i think he probably had something to do with it. after contacting him, he had someone from pioneer call me directly and gave me instructions on how to ship mine out. i just figured i'd send it back, they'd fix it and send the same one back to me.

it didn't make sense to me either. it was quite surprising and obviously made my day. i did call our local retail pioneer rep, so i think he probably had something to do with it. after contacting him, he had someone from pioneer call me directly and gave me instructions on how to ship mine out. i just figured i'd send it back, they'd fix it and send the same one back to me.

That is what they are doing with mine. I sent it in, they are fixing it.