AVIC411.com

Help no rear video on sd card or USB, DVDworks fine.

Hello all, newb hear but doing well with searching and lots of info available.

I just did install on 2002 Honda odyssey and replaced previous in dash DVD all the while leaving existing drop down monitor.

With all the help available I have successfully completed install and

did Hardware bypass fist then Software/Hardware bypass, no success didn't actually ground yellow wire only connected it back to brake,

Then have done replacement splash screen and plans on more.

But for now as i just am getting to know unit I find a weird scenario.

While playing DVD everything works great screen on both Avic and drop down work fine, Once i convert to watching any type of video format from SD card I still get video on Avic but no rear drop down?

I have tried all formats which was what my intent was to experiment with card for. So either they played on avic but no rear or they didn't play at all.

I did also notice as others have mentioned the slow performance of movies and menu touch functions while on card compared to DVD.

Please advise

OK so I actually read the user manual and realize that I don't know it all.

Sorry

I now see that it was built to only play DVD to rear output, I dont understand why the other sources of video wont work through the rear? does anyone know if this can be resolved with some sort of mod/hack?

• 1 month later...