AVIC411.com

HELPPPP!!!!! 2 problems i dont know how to figuere out!!!!!!

I just installed this unit yesterday..

1 - When the unit turns on, and i navigate through the options, some of them are "Gray" meaning i cannot click on them. Example: The entire phone section is grayed out, some of the navigation buttons are Gray, system setting and navigation settings are gray also.... what can this be? and why cant i click on those buttons?

2 - I have a Phenix Gold Sub-woofer amp....i have it hooked up to the sub-woofer rca's on the back of the unit.... when i put the music past volume 18, 19, 20 i get crazy distortion when the bass kicks it... i dont even hear the bass i just head this distorted sound where the bass is supposed o be.... I have no idea why this is happening..... anyone?

I appreciate all help and guidance....

the handbrake thing must be it i guess becuase i didnt hook that up. Thats probably also the reason why when i put in a DVD i can only hear the sound and not the picture.

Anything with the subwoofer issue? thats whats bugging me the most. I have 3 x 12"s and a powerful amp but everytime i turn up the music i get this massive bass block...its weird...