AVIC411.com

Avic-F90BT arrived! I need help..

F90BT arrived last night and I have someone from craigslist that can install and bypass the system. He told me that he need dash kit for my 09 Corolla and wiring harness. I got the dash kit but (sorry to sound noob) does F90bt comes with wiring harness for my car or is that something that i need to buy (e.g from cartoys) ? I opened the box and found many cables that comes with the system. Thanks for helping.

Yea you'll need a harness that is your vehicle specific. It's not absolutely needed though but it eliminates you figuring out which wire does what.

If you are going to buy the harness you might as well install it your self. At that point is just matching color of wires and plugging it in. Bypass is super easy to do so unless this guy is charging you very little it's not worth paying someone. Unless you are absolutely not comfortable with a little bit of soldering.

When installing an after market stereo you typically need the stereo wiring harness which comes with your stereo (or as you refered to it a bunch of wires), and a wiring harness for your vehicle (toyota corolla).

Think of these as adapters, each car manufacturer has their own OEM stereo kit that they just plug into the back side of a stereo. If you do not buy the harness for your vehicle an installer has to cut all the wires to the OEM stereo adapter (which means you probably won't be able to reinstall the OEM stereo), strip them and connect them up in the correct order.

A wiring harness allows you to simply plug into the OEM adapter with out having to cut any wires in the vehicle itself, and also provides a standard interface for installation of wires (I.E the wires are color coded for power, antenna, left/right speakers ect) where as your vehicles wiring might not be that detailed and one would have to test/guess what each wire does. It also allows your old OEM stereo to be re-installed if you decide to sell the vehicle.

waw..Thanks a lot guys. Now i understand how to install a deck. I was thinking that installing on my own would be a mess and possible of ruining them. I will try installing them on my own. The guys offers me $100 for installing and bypassing the system. What do you guys think? how much is the standard rate for installing nav double din?

Thanks so much for your help guys =)

Thats what most shops charge to install a nav unit if you buy it from their store. Honestly, I would do it yourself. I have never installed a stereo before and I installed my F90 this weekend with the bypass and it took me about 2 hours. Everything works great and looks awesome in my F-150. It's pretty easy stuff. Most of the wires are color coded. Ask if u need help.

dekil, I'm in oklahoma city and if you don't by the unit from the shop they want $250 for the install. If you do buy it from them its $100 install. If you have $100 and no time to install it then I would do that. But, I'm telling you it is easier than you think. You connect wires between your vehicle specific harness and the F90's harness, and the rest is just plugging the mic, gps, and rca cables(if your running amps) into the back of the unit. The bypass is on this site and is an easy two step process. Plus I had fun doing it! You might need a second set of hands when putting your dash kit together and placing the unit in your dash. That's where my fiance came in handy. And it made her feel important. :lol:

I'm just north of you and would be willing to help out if you need it. I put this unit with the bypass in my 05 F150 and had no problems, as for the mic, I ran the cable under the dash and up the A-pillar then to my visor and I haven't had any problems with it. Shoot me a message and we can talk about it.

I know it might sound stupid but does it mean when grounding the parking brake (light green) and mute (yellow) is by simply connect them to power cord (black)?

Amazingly i have 90% done installing them. Not as hard as i thought. Everything works fine except i cannot watch any movie or input any address due to the unfinished work explained above. Help...

If grounding is as simple as that, then i am done and ready to put it back on my car..

You're better off grounding them to an new ground instead of piggybacking, so to speak, on the existing one. In my case, my car had a large steel impact brace behind the dash that I just grounded the wires to. So try to find good metal ground for the parking brake wire and the mute wire. Then if you moved the pin in the harness, you should be good to go :D

^ see? :D

This kind of project looks way more complicated before you start it. Once you have all the components in your hands and you start to play with it, everything starts to make sense. Now you get to enjoy it even more because you installed it yourself. Can't beat that feeling.