AVIC411.com

Some mp3 songs got cut off in the last few second

Have anyone experience that the mp3 song got cut off in the last few second before the whole song end?

for example, the song should be 3:45 mins long, but it will cut off and move to next song at 3:30mins.

It happened to some of the mp3 songs, but some other were fine.

The song play perfectly in computer tho.

I'm using 8gb SDHC card to store the songs.

Anyone know how to fix this problem?!

This happens to me on atleast 25% of my songs. I have tried a 1GB SD and a 8GB SDHC with the same results. I have noticed the 8GB loads much faster even though it has about 4x more music than the 1GB, but it still skips frequently. Today I had a song skip about halfway through with over a minute to go. I'm very annoyed with this, more so than the long boot times as I only have that happen once each time I start the car.

• 1 month later...

Same here..songs frequently cut off a few seconds before the end of the song and occasionally cut out for a second or two in the middle of the song..seems to be getting more frequent over time.

I used to be a diehard Pioneer fan but I am now starting to question their quality.

Same here....

And it's like that since the beggining... Pioneer should put that in the bug fixes for a future firmware release (IF they still care about this product...Unfortunately im afraid they think their last firmware update was good enough...).

When i bought the product, i wanted something that could play easily my MP3s, not something that would force me to buy an Ipod...

same issue here, maybe 10% of the time. mine are loading from a 16 gig usb drive.

if i remember, i'll check to see if a track that cut off early does the same thing the next time it is played.. unless someone else already has tried? at least that would determine if its file related or random files.

I logged on today to see if anyone else has this problem.

I have noticed that music encoded with the LAME MP3 encoder do this vs. the Fraunhofer encoded music plays to the last second. Not sure why... LAME is supposted to be one of the best encoders for MP3.

I play the same files on my Samsung Omnia (Windows Mobile 6.1) using Windows Media Player and it plays to the end with no issues.

heh.. figures that it would take a long time to find a track that cut off.. it is a VBR mp3.. i don't have many VBRs, i typically rip @ 256 or 320 kbps, and usually re-encode any downloaded vbr files... can someone else confirm that VBR mp3s are the source of this problem?

info that might matter to the f90bt when reading the header:

Encoder Delay: 576

Zero Padding: 1296

230kbit (VBR), 7321 frames