AVIC411.com

Which wire for DIM on Mazda CX-7?

My tech report says that-VSS is WHITE and only found ON THE BACK OF THE INSTRUMENT CLUSTER and is AC pulses(all of them are ac). Because it starts at a transmission mod and ends there. That would be the quckist way to find it. When I get home from work tonight I will see if I can find anything else. For ya. But it should not be that hard to get.

Oops! Sorry. I was talking to someone else and got confused. Sorry...... I will look it up in a bit for u. The difference in the two wires is the dimmer has voltage that changes based on ur dimmer control. The illumination is a fixed voltage that tells the radio to dim to a fixed level. U need the illumination wire to match the car side illumination. The pioneer supports illumination so it just dims and is fixed. The dimmer wire would either not work or cause the radio to flicker. I will det the colors for you so you can check it. I'm just at work so I'm kinda going 10 different ways.

Either of the illumination wires. Not the dimmer wire. My sheet says Illumination is Orange/black and/or Also black/green so without looking at it its hard to say. Its either says its the orange/black on some production OR black/green on other production OR it has 2 illumination wires for some reason. SO, look for the first one, and if its not there, look for the second color. But only use one of them.

E