AVIC411.com

Using Ipod with 900bt -All you need is the white ipod cable?

So I got into futureshop and ask them for the cable to connect my ipod mini to the 900 bt and they hand me a 1200 cable which does not fit anywhere on back of my 900 so I say umm ya this doesnt fit then they hand me another one that is the wrong connection so now im getting kinda frustrated and say what the heck dont ya guys know, well 3 people later the one guy says ohh all you need is to hook up your white ipod connector that you use to upload songs and hook it up to the usb part of the 900bt and they will communicate with each other.

Now im a bit worried since these guys didnt know what they were talking about in the first place and always thought I needed a cable.

Are they wrong or are they right? If i do need a cable what serial number cable would I need? I dont have an ipod video I just have the normal mini

thanks in advanced

cd-iu230v is the pioneer part number, but a lot of people here seem to prefer the apple branded one. the standard white cable will control your ipod, but you wouldn't get audio or video.

To expand on what tjc said, no the standard Apple ipod cable with USB only will not work, you won't get any sound, you need the cable with USB and RCA outputs that looks like the one MegaManX posted, it does not need to be Pioneer, you can use any that is the same format such as an Apple, or in my case a JVC, but you need USB and RCA on the cable since the AVIC transfers audio over RCA from the ipods.

wicked thank you everyone that helped me with this. The first cable they gave me as a part number 1200 but that didnt have the right control then they gave me IV200 and that didnt look right, these guys are out to lunch

Im glad I have this forum to help me with the problem

Brad :)

so what's the USB connector for guys? Obviously the RCA outputs go into the harness of the F900, but where does the USB connector to? It's located on the IPOD connector side too.

The USB goes to the USB cable on the back of the AVIC.

The AVIC uses both the RCA and USB connectors, and then the ipod dock connector goes to the ipod.

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum as a user however this site has been a huge factor in me deciding to go ahead and get an F series. I currently do not own one (still workin on the whole cash thing) but am trying to decide which model would be best between 700 900 and the 90. Anyways my reason for this post is because i was wondering what the model number of the apple ipod connector is and price range compared to the pioneer one. My main reason of concern is of course once again the money but two because the only advantage of the 90 over the 900 is the 4v pre outs considering the 900 is cheaper with additional purchase of ipod cable then the 90. sorry this kinda long and tmi for ? asked, just real enthusiastic about gettin an AVIC but kinda stuck on which one and esp between if the feature of dvd playback on the 900 is that much more significant than having none on the 700 but still being able to play dvd's off of ipod. thanks in advance my other posts wont be as extensive lol :lol: