AVIC411.com

Playing the Wrong Music Video (NOT the one I selected)?

this one is pretty interesting

ONLY when im in the "music videos" section of my ipod, my avic-700bt seems to randomly select what video its going to play, rather than just playing the one i select

this happens even if i go into a specific artists music videos - for example - i click on music videos - artists - kanye west - select the flashing lights video, and all of the sudden, some other random music video will play

ill go back and repeat the same steps - and some completely OTHER video starts to play (and no - its not even a kanye video - just something thats tagged as a "music video")

this also happens when im just scrolling through the entire list of music videos - no matter what i select, it never gets played - something else gets played

this does not happen when choosing tv shows or movies

any ideas?

the only mods/hacks i have:

- i replaced the beeps with the silence.wav

- i have keeper's data.zip

- ive added the speedcam files

i dont see why any of these would affect the ipod functionality, but then again - i dont know too much about any of it...

any help would be awesome

In re-reading your post, you don't seem to be experiencing this through the VR system, but rather by trying to specifically play them in your list that shows up. The fix below probably won't help in that regard, but worth a try anyway to see what happens. If not, I'm am indeed puzzled!

I can only assume that this is related to the same thing that happens when one disconnects their iPod, updates it on their iTunes, and then plugs it back into their AVIC unit without having the VR mode set to on.

If you think that is what might have happened, go to your Settings, AV Settings, and turn "on" the VR mode. I'm guessing it will "re'read" your iPod and update any additions you must have made to your Music Video listing.

You can then go back and turn "off" the VR mode until you add new ones so you avoid having to have it update each time you hook it up.

Let us know if that worked for you.

Cheers,

Kev

• 2 weeks later...
this one is pretty interesting

ONLY when im in the "music videos" section of my ipod, my avic-700bt seems to randomly select what video its going to play, rather than just playing the one i select

this happens even if i go into a specific artists music videos - for example - i click on music videos - artists - kanye west - select the flashing lights video, and all of the sudden, some other random music video will play

ill go back and repeat the same steps - and some completely OTHER video starts to play (and no - its not even a kanye video - just something thats tagged as a "music video")

this also happens when im just scrolling through the entire list of music videos - no matter what i select, it never gets played - something else gets played

this does not happen when choosing tv shows or movies

any ideas?

the only mods/hacks i have:

- i replaced the beeps with the silence.wav

- i have keeper's data.zip

- ive added the speedcam files

i dont see why any of these would affect the ipod functionality, but then again - i dont know too much about any of it...

any help would be awesome

Press the "func" in the top right hand corner of the avic screen when you are in Ipod mode. Turn off shuffle mode completely. Return to Ipod Videos. The videos will now play as you select them.