AVIC411.com

F700BT- ipod/itunes videos MP4 format lag when playback?

I've heard of lag when folks attempt to play movies/music vids from their SD cards (I don't have any direct experience with that as I've not tried it myself)

Though I have played movies AND music vids from my iPod and can't say that it has ever happened to me. Mine are also MP4 formatted files.

Sorry, I couldn't say why that is happening, but wanted to let you there was someone else that had the same type of files that WEREN'T experiencing the same problem you are encountering.

Sorry! Hope you get in resolved!

Kev

On SD playback, my video files lag when encoded with H264. If I encode with MPEG (mp4 extension) they work great. When using the bitrates specified in the manual I can get my files down to about 100MB per half hour of video. I wish I could get my iPhone to properly play back video on my 700 because you get a much better menu structure than with SD. I can only get sound but no video through the iPhone...maybe I have a defective cable?

Just a quick update: I was able to get my iPhone working by replacing a defective cable.

I would try reencoding your video files, I promise they will work from SD. Of course when you get your ipod cable it won't matter because it does a much better job of playback without menu lag.