AVIC411.com

Trim ring for Avic F-90bt for 2006 Nissan Frontier

Can anyone tell me where to find a trim ring to fill the space between the f90bt and the factory dash opening of a 2006 Nissan Frontier (came equipped factory radio, NOT Rockford Fosgate)? I have searched through posts only to find people doing home-made mods from plastic, foam, and even electrical tape. Has anyone used a Scosche or Metra trim panel on this type of truck? If so, then does it have a finished look, or does it still leave a bit of an opening? Would the trim ring that comes with an Avic D series work on the F-90BT in this truck? Any helpful suggestions will be much appreciated.

Go to your local BestBuy and tell them you need a trim piece for an Avic unit. That's where I got mine from for my Maxima. There was about a 1/4" gap above my HU and the trim piece worked great. The best thing about it is, he gave it to me for free.

It's just a simple black rectangle that you can cut if you need to. Just go around to the audio install bay (usually around the rear of the store) and talk to those guys in there. If they do charge you, it wont be much at all (assuming they are not the type to try and rip someone off).

It's frustrating these days trying to find a local stereo shop thats still in buisness & isn't a best buy or circuit city.

I spent the better half of the day looking for a double din dash kit for my new AVIC-F90bt. The guys at circuit city knew what I was talking about but said they didn't have any (not too suprising seeing as how they were going out of buisness), and the people at best buy looked at me like I was a gorgon when I asked for a double din dash kit and proceeded to ignore me.

Honestly your best bet is to is to go to http://www.crutchfield.com/m_750/Car-St ... ml?tp=1385

Then enter in the information about your vehicle (I tried to find out specifically what kit was for you, but there were a half dozen options which may have taken me to the wrong kit but here is the one I found: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120997581/ ... ml?tp=3121) and order the thing online. While it may take time to recieve, it'll save you some gas and a major headache from dealing with people who don't know what they are talking about.

If you have a Michaels Art Supply in your area go pick up a piece of 8.5x11 1/16th inch thick black plastic. It is near the kids art supply kits.

Measure the deck for inside dimensions and then make the bezel .5inch on the top side an 1inch on the bottom (.5inch on sides should do the trick also).

The plastic is easily cut with a sharp razor knife (several passes necessary) and I prefer the final product over one I cut with a dremel (the edges were much cleaner).

The sheet of plastic cost around $5 and it took about 20 minutes to finish it up.

PS: I was doing this on an 06 Frontier also...

someone pm'ed me about this so ill paste what i said here. its for an 08 frontier:

I bought mine at Circuit City. The part is 99-7581 made by metra. I had to pay 20 dollars for it because it comes with a double din trim and also a double to single din adapter if you wanted to use a single din radio (they of course don't sell them separately). Basically I spent 20 dollars for a small piece of plastic but it does a good (not flawless but better than how it looks) job of sealing the edges. I would recommend it even though its pricey for what you are getting. Hope that helped.