AVIC411.com

What should I backup?

I have an F90bt and would like to attempt mods...

I see that it is emphasized heavily to "backup files" before doing any mods but I can't find a post that explains exactly what to back up and how to do it and how to return unit to original settings...

Exactly which files should be backed up in order to return all to factory settings? What is the best way to copy the necessary files... do I just drag those files to the SD card once in Test Mode then set this SD card aside?

Then, in the event I want to return my unit to factory settings, do I just put this SD card back in the unit and put the above saved files back in original locations or how do I do that?

Thanks for the help.

That's pretty much correct.

As long as you stick to modding the Navi part of the unit, DATA.ZIP and SYS.TXT are the important files to back up.

You may as well back up the entire flash disk, though, if you have a spare card...

I guess I am a lot stupider than that... that doesn't really answer my question...

1. How do I back up the data.zip and sys.txt files? Just drag those two files to my spare SD card?

2. How do I back up the entire flash disk?

3. If I do copy the data.zip and sys.txt, (or the entire flash disk for that matter) and I eventually have problems, do I just replace the "bad" data.zip and sys.txt files stem with the two I copied for back up or what?

4. If I had "copied the entire flash disk" onto an SD card, can I just replace the bad files with the entire copied disk?

I was hoping for a step by step solution on exactly how to do the back up process and how to restore the system to new if needed by using the backup...

1. How do I back up the data.zip and sys.txt files? Just drag those two files to my spare SD card?

Yes, which is why I said that it was correct :)

2. How do I back up the entire flash disk?

Same way... just drag everything in it to an SD card.

3. If I do copy the data.zip and sys.txt, (or the entire flash disk for that matter) and I eventually have problems, do I just replace the "bad" data.zip and sys.txt files stem with the two I copied for back up or what?

Yes. If you made some very extensive changes you might also need to delete the content of iGO's SAVE folder (it's in the USER folder on the flash disk).

4. If I had "copied the entire flash disk" onto an SD card, can I just replace the bad files with the entire copied disk?

Since you'd copy flash disk file by file, you can take the ones you want to restore.

I was hoping for a step by step solution on exactly how to do the back up process and how to restore the system to new if needed by using the backup...

Boot into test mode, open Windows Explorer, drag files...

• 2 weeks later...