AVIC411.com

Strange Ipod problem on a new install.

Hey guys,

I just installed my AVIC f90bt today and ran into a bit of a problem. I connected the pioneer iPod cable to the ipod inputs on the back of the unit, then I connected the USB connector from the iPod cable to the USB input from the stereo.

I then went into the menu's and set the iPod as the input source for AV1. But when I went to the AV selection screen it would not allow me to pick AV1 as an input.

I then changed the input in the settings to video and went back to the AV screen and was able to listen to my iPod that way, however this doesn't provide any of the iPod control functionality I wanted.

Does anyone have any idea what's wrong here? I tried turning off the cataloging but didn't see much of a difference there either.

OOps almost forgot the information on my iPod. I believe it's a 2nd generation iPod mini 8 gig model (the one with out the fancy video output)

That didn't really seem to work either. It's almost like the usb cable isn't working right because it clearly recieves input from the audio/video cable when I switch to video as the main input.

Anyone else have some ideas? I really hope I didn't get a defective unit.

• 4 weeks later...