AVIC411.com

F700- SOUND ISSUES??? cant hear navi voice and caller voice?

OK I HAVE 2 issues with my avic f700

1. up until about 2 or 3 days ago... the turn by turn navigation voice went out..... it will still mute my radio... but i dont hear the robotic voice telling me turn right or exit here etc..... all my other sound works fine.... i reset my entire unit i have no wallpaper edited DATA FILES etc.... i hit reset and even tried uploading the original FIRMWARE 2.0 back on it...

edit just noticed i dont hear the buttons either... those annoying beeps?

2. pairing with my iphone couldnt be any easier.. however i cant hear the person im calling in my stereo..... they can hear me fine.. which suggests my mic is properly set up.. but i cant hear the person?

all other sound works fine.. ipod playback , cd playback, fm am radio etc.... sd sound blah blah.... but system sound and caller voice via bluetooth i hear nothing?????

someone please help????? could it be my harness???

I am new at this....before I found the button beep delete mod.... I had thought I fixed the beeps by turning the master volume down all the way. Your symptoms seem like the master volume control is set all the way down. Maybe that is where the problem lies. It may be set down or broken down or software glitch down. good luck

I am new at this....before I found the button beep delete mod.... I had thought I fixed the beeps by turning the master volume down all the way. Your symptoms seem like the master volume control is set all the way down. Maybe that is where the problem lies. It may be set down or broken down or software glitch down. good luck

no navi voice...

no button key noises....

no audio sound back from callers when hooked to blue tooth..

other that that everything else works fine

yea i have mine currently turned all the way up.. and those settings for atleast a few minutes... turning off the car and back on etc....

any other suggestions?

first make sure the f90 is properly connected to your amp and or speakers, remove radio from dash and connect a d" cell battery to your speaker conections and this can verify you are installed properly.

if you have a factory amp try and bypass it

now if you are properly installed boot into test mode and copy over a fresh copy of data.zip and see if that solves your problem or even a backup of the complete software

i will also buy your non working or partial broken units send me a pm

first make sure the f90 is properly connected to your amp and or speakers, remove radio from dash and connect a d" cell battery to your speaker conections and this can verify you are installed properly.

now if you are properly installed boot into test mode and copy over a fresh copy of data.zip and see if that solves your problem or even a backup of the complete software

it was properly connected im sure... because it was working for at least a week until one day it just stopped.. and alot of audio functions work fine.. its just specific system sounds and stuff coming from the navi itself.

and my non working parts are still under warranty.. so i guess ill just take a claim up with pioneer

GOT my unit back from pioneer... this is not a item issue!!! it has to do with installation.... i am headed back to my installer to see what is the problem.. i dont have a factory amp.. so maybe it has to do with a connection to my amps? probably different signal or something with rcas?

ill figure it out soon hopefuly

my problem was that i was wrong connected amp rca, there was writen front but realy was back

ok finally got around to taking stuff out and rechecking my work... this was the exact problem i mixed up the front and rear outs from the headunit to the amps... problem solved... thanks!!!!

• 1 month later...

Figured it out. Same issue you guys had, only mine doesn't have RCA plugs. I actually had the wiring harness wired up wrong. I had the wires connected to their like colors, but after carefully reading the directions again, with the stock amp, I needed to reverse a couple of them. Thanks for the informative post!