AVIC411.com

Hey, I just installed a F90BT in my 2004 G35 sedan, and everything works great except for two things. The steering wheel controls and the backup camera. I think there are two issues with the backup camera, as when its plugged in and I select backup camera from the source menu, all it says is warning image may be reversed, and if I have the backup camera set to ON, when I put the car in reverse, it does nothing.

I was told that the backup wire was the Orange wire in the drivers side kick panel, and I tapped it but it doesn't seem to do anything. Any ideas?

With the steering wheel controls, I think that its just a matter of figuring out to program it, or I might have to give that box it's own ground for it to work, as I have heard stories of that happening on other g35s.

If you have any other ideas/recommendations, please let me know

Well, there was one orange in the driver's side kick panel, and that was it. I did use the purple/white wire to hook it up, and yes I did use the brown RCA to plug into the unit. The camera has a red and black, 12V switched and ground, so I just touched the ground to my steering column and put the red into the red behind the dash, so I'm pretty sure I hooked it up correctly..

Alright, got any ideas as to why the camera isn't showing any video anyway?

Or any experience on the PAC-SWI-PS? I can program the type (3), but I can't program the buttons

Have the ground connected into my harness with the others, the white has the two resistors which I soldered wires onto so I could tap into the harness for the controls, yellow goes to ground as well as to a tap on the harness

Alright, got any ideas as to why the camera isn't showing any video anyway?

Or any experience on the PAC-SWI-PS? I can program the type (3), but I can't program the buttons

Have the ground connected into my harness with the others, the white has the two resistors which I soldered wires onto so I could tap into the harness for the controls, yellow goes to ground as well as to a tap on the harness

Probably because you're not on the reverse wire

IIRC after you select program 3 it will flash back 3 times. then you turn the car off and on, it'll flash 3 times and you press the program button. after that I think you have 7 seconds to start programming the buttons in the order given, by holding the button till the light on the SWI-PS goes out, then release, next button. It's all in the instructions I'm just going off of memory.

Can't find an orange/violet wire, and I've pulled open the massive wire bundle that goes into the floor.. any more clarification you can give me? Other people on G35driver.com are saying that its the purple wire, but all of them have been coupes and I've heard that its different from coupes to sedans.

If you see a purple test it. But do yourself a favor and buy a test light. put the car in the on position and with the brake up, put the car in reverse. clamp the alligator clip to a ground (try a bolt on the firewall by the steering column) and now test those wires. DO NOT PROBE ANY TWIRLED WIRES! when you find one that lights up the tester, put the car and park and test it again. If it still turns the tester on, keep searching, if it doesn't, thats your reverse wire.