AVIC411.com

Problems with F500BT Noob

I just got one of these two days ago.

I downloaded the 2.0 firmware and bluetooth firmware that just came out before I ran out with it the first time.

Here is what I found in the last 24 hours:

1-Unit shuts off twice this morning with no warning (the first time it wouldn't come back on until I did a hard reset - remove battery) It is powered by car charger only.

2- It disconnected from my Iphone 3 times today and twice yesterday, The phone thinks its still connected but the unit does not so basicly this caused my iphone's bluetooth to crash and I have to restart it each time. There was never a problem with my garmin.

3-In 3D mode screen would do strange things like freeze or remove car location during a route, this is random but happened twice since yesterday.

4- Unit doesnt seem to remember last location before startup, I restarted it in a traffic light and it took over a minute to rescan and find its location.

5- It doesn't pronounce destinations like "home" or specific address

6- The only voice that pronouces street names is very robotic sounding, the rest of the voices do not do street names.

7- The sound is not clear when on the phone (like you are listening to a very poor speaker, I havent tried connecting my iphone to it to play music yet, but if it'll use the same speaker than I think it will be crap.

8- The screen is nicer than my Garmin 660 but the graphics are too complicated making the unit feel sluggish while operating.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreceiated, I am thinking to take it back now.