AVIC411.com

Pioneer AVIC-Z1 Love it!!!.....compared to Alpine.....Thanks

My wife and I purchased a 2007 Honda Accord with [u]factory[/u] Nav (Alpine Product) and it is extremely accurate and very easy to use. I drive a 2004 Chev 2500HD and had to get a Nav system the week after a road trip we took in the Honda. I did some research on all the in-dash systems out there and the AVIC-Z1 was by far the most bang for the buck. My wife is actually a little jealous of all the features the Z1 has.

The only thing she rubs in my face is how delayed the Z1 is navigating, [u]Extremely[/u] miner. The Z1 does give the standard "left/right turn in one quarter mile...half mile" etc... but the final command tends to be about 10 yds from (before) the turn a little late if you drive soley on the voice prompts. I'm well established in the turn lane when I get the voice prompt to turn. I also have noticed the same issue you have been discussing; I pass a street and look at the screen and the arrow has just reached the street. I would say about a second or two lag.

Other than this, myself and my wife are very impressed with the Z1 compared to the Alpine system that would cost you twice or three times as much. If I had to purchase a Nav system for the Honda I would definately get the Z1.

BTW: I want to thank everyone on this site for the very informative and helpfull discussions concerning the Z1, allowing me to install my first ever head unit on my own. I would, like most on this site, like to also thank Steve (Ducati Boy) for his wonderful bypass device and discussions.
i noticed that on some days my location seems to be a few feet off. And on some days its dead on. Also you can use the "modify your current position" and that will bring you to dead on accuracy. I do that sometomes if its a few feet of, or if im going somewhere i really dont know the area well. Ill set my curent position farther ahead of where i really am, that way i get a more advanced notice of the turn and the street name. But normally i like to see the road go by right as the arrow on the screen just starts to go by. Its really cool when your on the 3d map. Its like "it knows" lol