AVIC411.com

GPS and MExico

Hello all... I'm currently planning to purchase a Z1 nad was curious if anyone has used the Z1 in Mexico? I'm not necessarily looking for POI as much as maps and general directions. I plan on taking a few road trips down in baja surfing and the like, and any nav assistance would be awesome...

Thanks all!
Pioneer only advertises coverage of US and Canada

[quote name="teebes"]Hello all... I'm currently planning to purchase a Z1 nad was curious if anyone has used the Z1 in Mexico? I'm not necessarily looking for POI as much as maps and general directions. I plan on taking a few road trips down in baja surfing and the like, and any nav assistance would be awesome...

Thanks all![/quote]
hmm, so now one has traveled across the boarder yet? Still curious what happens as I'm pretty sure the unit would still receive GPS triangulation, though as you mentioned somewhere the maps would prob just stop.

With the z1, can you set waypoints, like a crumb trail in area's the z1 doesn't offer a map?

I guess I'll bite the bullet and order one of these.. :lol:
you can do bread crumbs but its kinda all or nothin.... you can leave them on all the time, which in my opinion woudl clutter up your screen, or you can leave them on for just one trip, ie. you plata course and it will leave them on till you get there, then they go away not very good if you wanna get home from somewhere lol.. but i guess you could leave them on all the time to get where you are going and then when you get home or at least back the the states you could then erase them.