AVIC411.com

N1 w/ N3 software

Ok, from what I've read.. it seems like the N1, needs to be disassembled and two points have to be jumped and soildered to watch DVDs while driving.

N2, you just remove the decal, and run a piece of soilder across the two points.

N3, flip the switch to the righit.

I'm I getting this right?

At this moment, I have an N1, with N3 software. The e-brake cable is permanently grounded.
I understand that the N1 itself with N1 software requires no modification other than grounding the ebrake cable.

But I have N3 software, which disables video, and certain navigation inputs while driving. I'm not really concerned about the video, but I'd like to have the navigation inputs available. While I'm there, I might as well make the video work too.
There is an entire thread on this topic. Requires you to disassemble the main unit and connect two points. Similar to the N2, but far more complicated

[quote name="Termist"]I understand that the N1 itself with N1 software requires no modification other than grounding the ebrake cable.

But I have N3 software, which disables video, and certain navigation inputs while driving. I'm not really concerned about the video, but I'd like to have the navigation inputs available. While I'm there, I might as well make the video work too.[/quote]