AVIC411.com

GPS doesn't stop after vehicle does

Instead of stopping when my vehicle does, my GPS - rotates the map , this happens in both 2D and 3D modes. It just spins the view a little (30-90 degrees) like I am about to make a turn but I am actually just stopped at a light. Does anyone know what maybe causing this and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance - drooby

I remember checking and it was good, the GPS is very accurate when I am in motion (and when I am stopped) it just doesn't know which direction I am heading once I stop the car (hence the rotating maps) but any slight movement gets it back in the right direction until the next stop.

Any other suggestions?

OK - I did some in vehicle trials and this is what I found out.

1- The GPS accuracy is high and it has 3D lock.

2- The maps do not turn or rotate randomly after I stop, they revert back to North, meaning that every time I stop , the map spins around to face north on top.

3- In the F500BT, there is an option to "keep position on road", this is by default set to ON meaning that if you enter a parking lot or a driveway, the arrow stays on the street, this is annoying and the only way to change it was by changing the vehicle type to "pedestrian mode", if you turn if off and start moving it will tell you that you are going to fast for pedestrian mode and turn it back on along with changing the vehicle position to "On Road". So the work around is - change to pedestrian , turn "keep position on road" to OFF, change back vehicle to car.

I found that turning this back ON fixes the map rotation, it keeps my car on the road but also doesn't revert back to north when i stop.

I guess this question is for the Gurus - is there a way to let the GPS track you off road and keep your direction when you stop??