AVIC411.com

av input question

i know the layout of the pioneer cable (it is in the installation manual) i just don't know the layout (basically ground position) of the eBay plug. it is supposed to be standard camcorder layout (which i don't know either). so i just wondered if anyone had tried a plug like this and what the results were. thanks

i know the layout of the pioneer cable (it is in the installation manual) i just don't know the layout (basically ground position) of the eBay plug. it is supposed to be standard camcorder layout (which i don't know either). so i just wondered if anyone had tried a plug like this and what the results were. thanks

The issue is that "standard camcorder layout" isn't standard, there are at least 2 significantly different pinouts that are common out there.

Ground, LF, RT, and VID all need to be in the correct places.

thanks dianebrat,

i am discovering that there are two major "standards" Sony and panasonic, neither of which matches the pioneer av cable. of course they do this on purpose but i was hoping to get by with this little plug, stowing it in the ashtray or such. i wonder how hard it would be to take apart and reposition the pinout.

• 1 month later...

for anyone who cares i went ahead and bought this and it works great. Because of the way it is pinned out, you have to switch the red and yellow (video) rca cables that you plug in to the adapter. This is a handy little thing to keep in the glove box for a quick plug in.