AVIC411.com

Any updates coming to F-series, updated hardware, etc?

I must say following this product for the last year. It looks great, but pioneer dropped the ball, released the product to soon.

Honestly the load times and the problems, common.

How is it that the ford expedition im renting has a great GPS system, ipod integration, backup camera, and everything is ready instantly? iPhone, GPS, backup camera, ipod sync, everything perfect, touchscreen is quick to respond, and steering wheel control, lol.

I luv everything the f-series claims, but common, this is a serious garbage product. Are the prices so low because there is an updated product that is going to be released?

I most likely will get flamed for this, i just cant believe it was actually released by pioneer.

This day in age, we deserve instant response from a device like this. People saying to install car starters if ur were about load times, lol, what a joke.

Well, this isn't meant as a flame but I do disagree with you. I've had my F900BT for three weeks now and love it, it works exactly as described. I did take the time to read the manual and this forum which addresses several issues that I've seen complaints about, such as the formatting of contacts. Several people complain that VR doesn't work with their contacts. My bet is they didn't check to see if they were formatted correctly. That's just meant as one example, there are many. When I turn on my unit I have music in less than 10 seconds. My navigation and iPhone are connected and usable in about 20 seconds. Not instantly but not much worse than the Kenwood I have in another vehicle and I prefer the Pioneer. As has been mentioned in several other threads here (more eloquently than I can do). The factory unit you talk about was made specifically for your vehicle and doesn't do everything the Pioneer unit is capable of, a much easier task to perform. The Pioneer is meant to work in any vehicle with a huge amount of peripherals. There are some give and takes involved. My unit does everything it's supposed to do very well. Wish the boot up was faster, but WTH, if I'm in that much of a hurry I need to chill a bit anyway... Just my 2 cents.

A motion to ban threads like this, lol....

I was so excited about the unit, followed it from day one. Played with the unit many time but no i dont actually own one. Ive been on the forum for many months and seen all the complaints and the props.

I would buy one in an instant if i wanted one, i hope some of the problems get fixed.

It has everything if ever wanted, beauty of a screen, touch interface, bluetooth cell control, ipod and solid state nav, and the best part no moving parts like flip screens, etc.

I wanted to hear some other opinions besides my friends, who really dislike their units. I was hoping for exactly what i got on the first thread, someone who stuck up for the f-series with hard facts / solutions to problems.

Well, I just bought one a couple days ago. For $375.00, I'll take my chances. I honestly don't care if it has a few faults when it's half the price of the so called good units. Personally, I wouldn't mind if Pioneer launched a recession priced line of nav units that came with specific instructions that you'll need to visit a site like this one to make it work right. :wink:

I am curious. You don't own one, so how much time have you spent playing with these before you came on here complaining about them? You mention the bootup time, but you have sound in the same amount of time as the Z1/2/3, and nobody bitched about those. I guess I am just curious if this is a case of mis-education because all your homies are driving around with units that haven't been updated to 2.0, or is this a case of legitimate complaints from someone that has only used a navigation system in a rental car for a couple days?

then decide they can live with the lag and bugs, etc, and then are perfectly happy, as in the case with jchiodo no doubt.

I agree, these threads are helpful as are most debates, as long as they don't turn into ridiculous arguments. One part I'd like to clear up though, I can live with the lag, it's only slightly worse than a Kenwood I have in another vehicle but the Pioneer does so much more. I don't consider lag time a bug and I haven't noticed any bugs at all in three and a half weeks. I own a small company and have navigation units in all of my technicians vehicles, mostly dash mounted units but after a few thefts have switched to indash units for the last three, mine having the Pioneer. I will most likely be putting Pioneers in another seven rigs within the next couple of months. I wouldn't do that if I didn't like it a lot.

I agree, these threads are helpful as are most debates, as long as they don't turn into ridiculous arguments.

But this thread was ridiculous from the start. OP doesn't even have this system and yet he is complaining about it.

What "grinds my gears" is people who don't own the system complain and users who say "I am absolutely SHOCKED that Pioneer didn't include *insert function/feature here*" then quote $1200 MSRP like that's what they paid for it.

Objective discussion of things that could be improved is OK and should be discussed.

I agree, these threads are helpful as are most debates, as long as they don't turn into ridiculous arguments.

But this thread was ridiculous from the start. OP doesn't even have this system and yet he is complaining about it.

What "grinds my gears" is people who don't own the system complain and users who say "I am absolutely SHOCKED that Pioneer didn't include *insert function/feature here*" then quote $1200 MSRP like that's what they paid for it.

Objective discussion of things that could be improved is OK and should be discussed.

I totally agree with what your saying, but sometimes people need to know whats going on here. The load up times are not a big problem, its when features are not working is when I have a problem. Honestly im probably gonna keep my unit after they give me a new one (Futureshop was very good with this and pioneers customer service sucked ass and THEY are the ones that almost made me bring it back and never buy another thing from them again)

I honestly think I got a lemon because too many things are not working with mine, but this happens, I cant control this but for everything else, I think tihs unit is pretty slick!