AVIC411.com

New York City Area.. Question

This is true....although, with my luck, I'll screw something up and short the entire car out.

No you wont short it out, take the ground off the battery and just start looking through the wires. I was afraid too and i dove into it and it went smoothly with a few small bump's that i figured out.

Its worth a try and just keep a friend or someone who knows what there doing near by or even on here to help with small bumps

I may give it a try. Usually I dive right into any and all do-it-yourself projects. Popping of a new car's dashboard is the only thing I'm hesitant about....but you gotta crawl before you can walk!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crawl before you walk-- BINGO.

I know tearing a dash apart is hard.. Just take it slow, dont pry anything that shouldn't be pryed and put down some cloth or something to protect the dash and moldings.

other then that look around for photos and other people that have the same car or call the dealer

Dealers are usually no help! Most likely, the dealer will say "Anything you do will void the warranty, blah blah blah...." Actually, he's already tried to tell me this, although I'm fairly certain he has no freaking clue what he's talking about.

that's a chance you have to accept.

Otherwise pay to have it done. polus the installer has insurance

I'll still have to decide.....I also had the (mis)fortune of buying the car with the fiancee, so I'm sure she'll give me grief about doing it myself and potentially harming the car. The sh*t we do for love.

Lmao... you can almost feel the sarcasm on the keystrokes. Yea i purchased it from scosche, metra doesnt make a earth taupe color one, they didnt have the adapter either but the manager stepped out and returned with it in like 15 minutes.

yea i was thinking about that, they do look pretty smooth.... 25$ isnt too much, maybe next pay day

:shock:

ehds, I think that it looks great. The dash kit fits perfectly. Looks like they did a great job.

I was thinking about doing it at Best Buy, but for the $230 they quoted me, I feel like that's a bit high. Anyone know the general going rate for these installs?

well it really depends on what their doing are they just installing the unit or are they doing anything else e.i. bypass, steering wheel controls, hd radio, xm etc....

For me it would just be the bypass, iPod adapter, and unit....no steering wheel controls or anything like that....