AVIC411.com

Here is the problem: despite that the file "dayheightcolormap.bmp" exists in "Ui_pioneer" folder, I cannot get the 3 dimensional look of the terrain. I have zoomed my 3D map all a way to the end, and I have got the map picture which is jagged at the last top quarter of the screen (please see the attached picture). Looks that the part of the map picture which is approximately positioned at the same place where is supposed to be "blue box" is simply "disabled". There is no details above one very straight line. For your info, I do have Igo8 om my PDA and this 3D terrain feature is fully and nicely shown ( I am living in a "mountainous" area). I suspect that Pioneer disabled this feature purposely for some reason (memory usage or so . . )

I would be verry happy If you have any explanation or fix for this problem.

Best regards, Bob

Thanks again Boris.

There is the fix for the landscape problem. Actualy, the DEM file which I have in my IGO 8 (for PDA) did work in my Pioneer unit. I have replaced the original DEM file from Pioneer with that one from IGO 8. It works perfect - all landscapes, mountains etc. are now nicely painted and visible. Pretty much realistic 3D scenery of the landscape. Even more, the horizon line that I see trough my windshield has the same shape that I have now at the screen of my F700BT unit.

Best regards, BobD :)

anyone have this same problem? can anyone post their DEM file

I have the very same problem.

Loaded EUR map on my US 700, jagged upper part when totally zoomed out. :evil:

First thought it was a bad map, then I navigated to Lulu's hairsalon in Miami :shock::roll::? , and zoomed out again from there; same problem 'in the US'

so anyone can help us out? can someone with a fully working 3d map post the name of thier DEM file, the one i have on mine is NorthAmerica_low.dem and is 176 MB.

_low would imo refer to low resolution.

I just find it strange that no one seems to care about this ugly looking landscape :oops:

• 1 month later...

I have low and USA_Dem that is high resolution. I'll test out the High one tonight, that one is 260 megs. I didn't copy this over when I put the new maps, buildings and poi on. I'll let you know

Update> I put my NA_USA.dem file in that is high resolution terrain and it made a difference, mountains that didn't show up before do now just fine.

I have low and USA_Dem that is high resolution. I'll test out the High one tonight, that one is 260 megs. I didn't copy this over when I put the new maps, buildings and poi on. I'll let you know

Update> I put my NA_USA.dem file in that is high resolution terrain and it made a difference, mountains that didn't show up before do now just fine.

could you post your dem files, i'm assuming the NA in the NA_USA.dem stands for North America

copying dem files to the f700 us just doesn't work!i dont know why,i can make work all maps,pois and 3d buildings but not dem files!

Remember, you should REPLACE your AVIC IGO DEM file with with your higher resolution IGO 8 DEM file - do not forget to change the name of the new file to " NorthAmerica_low.dem ". BTW, I am talking about USA maps . . . .

In addition, I have removed some Canadian files in order to have enough room for the new one . .

BobD