AVIC411.com

Editing phonebook

Thanks RedSSR, but I've already tried those and several other posts. Can you tell me how things show on your screen........

- if you have several numbers for the same contact do they show when you press that contacts name?

- does the contact name show on incomoming call?

- and how do you actually have your contacts installed? ie: do you have seperate entries for mobile, home etc., so on screen you will have Xmobile and Xhome as two individual icons?

It's hard for me to envisage as I can't get it to work correctly yet. hope I'm being clear LOL

Hi dumpystig,

I've discovered that what shows on screen depends on the compatibility of your phone with the unit.

I have a Sony Ericsson W890i, on my F900BT the contacts are displayed individually on screen, i.e Sam Mobile, Sam Home, Sam Work. On my phone the different numbers are stored within the name under the different categories. I recently bought a Sony Ericsson T303, popped in my sim, synchronised with the F900BT and only the first number appeared within contacts and none of the other numbers I had stored. It also had the surname and forenames back to front and some muddled characters. So totally depends on the type of phone you have and compatibility as to what shows on the unit.

That's what I have individual icons for each phone number. I entered all of my contacts info manually that I wanted on my unit and transfered them over since I had way too many contacts on my iPhone. Funny thing is that your phone has to be paired to see your contacts, at least on my system. I copied the blank file to a card, modded it on my computer, and put it back on my unit. I entered about 30 contact numbers.

Thanks RedSSR, but I've already tried those and several other posts. Can you tell me how things show on your screen........

- if you have several numbers for the same contact do they show when you press that contacts name?

- does the contact name show on incomoming call?

- and how do you actually have your contacts installed? ie: do you have seperate entries for mobile, home etc., so on screen you will have Xmobile and Xhome as two individual icons?

It's hard for me to envisage as I can't get it to work correctly yet. hope I'm being clear LOL

question 1 - individual icon for each contact number, ie - multiple icons for one person with different numbers.

question 2 - yes I get the caller ID working and it shows contact name with either home, mobile, work.

question 3 - yes separate entries for each phone number.

They show up in the ordered I have manually entered them on my system. I used the SQLite data base browser tool for entry.

Ok that's great, at least I know now how it should be set up and how contacts will be displayed. From what Pioneer stated regarding the BT update I presumed that one contacts icon would have separate numbers assigned to it, so that was misleading to say the least

Ok that's great, at least I know now how it should be set up and how contacts will be displayed. From what Pioneer stated regarding the BT update I presumed that one contacts icon would have separate numbers assigned to it, so that was misleading to say the least

My phone wouldn't transfer contact so I followed the instructions on the links above and copied them manually using testmode. Pioneer couldn't give me any solution other than to buy another phone.

I uploaded my contacts to Outlook from my mobile, exported to a csv file, deleted the unwanted columns in Excel and added rows for contacts with multiple phone numbers. I then modified the phone numbers in notepad because excel chopped the 0 off the front (I just used the replace feature, took seconds). The phone numbers now have no spaces or dashes in between and there are no special characters in the names. You should also make sure the column headers are the same as in the db file. I then imported the csv file into the db files from the F900BT which was loaded on SQlite manager in firefox, saved and loaded it back to the F900BT. (I had two files on the unit so I just put the contacts on both)

The csv file then looks like

id, c h S h o w N a m e, c h P h o n e C o d e , d w T y p e

1, Bob, Home number, 1,

2, Bob, Work number, 2,

3, Bob, Mobile number, 3,

4, Mark, Home number, 1,

Copied over 118 contacts. Worked great it just took me ages to sort out dramas with my mobile. I had to get the contacts off the SIM and onto the phone to sync with Outlook. I also had to turn off bluetooth so that I could use the Samsung program to connect to the phone.

• 4 weeks later...