AVIC411.com

AVIC F900BT / 2007 Mustang GT / Shaker 500

First of all, I would like to thank all the knowledgable people on this forum. I have read and learned a lot from you.

I am a newbie to this forum as well as being a newbie to the F900BT. I just ordered this unit on Ebay and I would like to collect all the parts and info I will need to complete the install. If you guys/girls can point me in the right direction as to what to purchase and where, I would appreciate it.

I am replacing the Shaker 500 head unit in my '07 Mustang GT with the Pioneer and I would hope that everything else will work. ( door subs )

Here is what I am looking for:

1) what mounting hardware is required?

2) what brand/part number/retailer for the proper wire harness?

3) what cable do I need for my ipod touch to work with all features?

4) what do I need to purchase to get Sirius satelite radio to work?

5) what do you all recommend for a rear view camera?

6) what wire harness do I need to connect the door subs?

7) I have read that I might need a voltage regulator to prevent popping of the subs on "power-up". Where to purchase, part number, etc.?

I am really looking forward to doing the install and I wanted to start off on the right foot.

Thanks in advance,

Carmen :D

ok, here we go.

1) you need metra part #95-5812 for the dash kit. i used it and it looks great!

2) you need metra part #55-7021. crutchfield.com says it doesnt work, but i used it in my 07 mustang GT and it works great. and i also replaced the shaker 500, and it works with the amps. thats what the smaller connecter is for with the rca plugs.

3) you should be able to use the pioneeer cable. im pretty sure its a change in the 2.0 firmware update to work with ipod touch, i dont think its a special cable. but i could be wrong.

4) i didnt do this, but you need a new reciever/interface kit. i'm not sure if it works with the factory antenna though.

5) again, i didnt do this, but the pioneer units aare really expensive. especially the one with parking assist.

6) refer back to answer #2. that harness is all you need to connect the radio and factory amps. well, you still need to do the additional wires like the nav antenna, parking brake (or bypass), reverse signal wire and illumination, but those all come with the radio.

7) yes you need a voltage regulator. the factory ford amps use a 5 volt signal to turn them on and the avic puts out 12 volts. get a 5 volt regulator from radio shack and wire it in line between the system remote wire on the avic plug and the 2 blue wires (connect them as if they were one) on the small connector your getting from metra. and dont forget to ground the center prong on the regulator.

hope that helps. i will subscribe to this thread so i will get an e-mail if you reply with more questions.

-Tony

One Bad Stang,

Thank-you very much for your input. I read your post regarding the install on your car. After reading through 12 pages of posts to try to find what I was looking for, I figured I may as well start a new post.

There are a number of discrepancies I have read on different installs on other forums ( Mustang related ). Hopefully you will be able to assist me as our cars are the same model year.

First, I think you may have made a typo on the Metra harness as I had looked it up and found the part # to be 70-5521.

Next, some people say that you need to run a separate wire to switched power and you find it in the passenger side kick panel. This doesn't make any sense to me as I'm sure there would be switched power in the main Ford plug.

Next, I have seen a good write-up on Mustang Forums and the guy put in a y-connector for the shaker door subs. Basically, he used the red out lead and plugged in a y connector and then the door subs plugged into the ends of the Y. Is this necessary or does the Metra harness just plug in red with red, and white with white?

Finally, the connection of the VSS wire. Is this done in the passenger kick panel or do you have to run the wire up to the pcm box under the hood?

I have read about all the by-pass procedures, illumination, reverse,etc, so I feel fairly confident I shouldn't encounter too many problems. Hopefully.

I would like to get all my info correct before I attempt to do the install. I want to get it right the first time.

Thanks again.

One Bad Stang,

Thank-you very much for your input. I read your post regarding the install on your car. After reading through 12 pages of posts to try to find what I was looking for, I figured I may as well start a new post.

There are a number of discrepancies I have read on different installs on other forums ( Mustang related ). Hopefully you will be able to assist me as our cars are the same model year.

First, I think you may have made a typo on the Metra harness as I had looked it up and found the part # to be 70-5521.

Next, some people say that you need to run a separate wire to switched power and you find it in the passenger side kick panel. This doesn't make any sense to me as I'm sure there would be switched power in the main Ford plug.

Next, I have seen a good write-up on Mustang Forums and the guy put in a y-connector for the shaker door subs. Basically, he used the red out lead and plugged in a y connector and then the door subs plugged into the ends of the Y. Is this necessary or does the Metra harness just plug in red with red, and white with white?

Finally, the connection of the VSS wire. Is this done in the passenger kick panel or do you have to run the wire up to the pcm box under the hood?

I have read about all the by-pass procedures, illumination, reverse,etc, so I feel fairly confident I shouldn't encounter too many problems. Hopefully.

I would like to get all my info correct before I attempt to do the install. I want to get it right the first time.

Thanks again.

yes, it was a typo. the part you have for the harness (70-5521) is correct. and for the "y" adapter, you dont need it. the 70-5521 works great, it comes with a large and small connector in the package. the small connector is for the amps, red to red and white to white works great.

for switched power, i've read that the 2008+ mustangs need a seperate source, but 2007 and older are fine with the factory harness. i didnt do anything special for switched power and it works great.

and for the vss wire, i didnt do this because the f700 doesnt use the vss wire. but ive seen other mustang installs and they went to the wire on the pcm connector in the engine bay. (i think its a blue wire).

if you need any more help, just let me know. i did the same exact install as you are doing (2007 mustang gt w/shaker 500) only i installed the f700, not the f900.