AVIC411.com

Avic F Backgrounds Question

Its actualy really simple... I assume you didnt read the manual yet?? As soon as I got mine I spent a whole evening reading that thing... and when I found this site I didnt even post for about a month as there was so much to read on here! As for your question.... find something you like... save it to your computer... then get your sd card...... save on there.... then take it to you unit and go to splash screen and you can see it says add from sd card!!!

Its actualy really simple... I assume you didnt read the manual yet?? As soon as I got mine I spent a whole evening reading that thing... and when I found this site I didnt even post for about a month as there was so much to read on here! As for your question.... find something you like... save it to your computer... then get your sd card...... save on there.... then take it to you unit and go to splash screen and you can see it says add from sd card!!!

Not 100% true. You have to create a "Pictures" folder first, put the background in that folder and put the folder on your SD card or flash drive, and import from _____ will be an option.

Not 100% true. You have to create a "Pictures" folder first, put the background in that folder and put the folder on your SD card or flash drive, and import from _____ will be an option.

You are right on that one!! But even if you didnt do it the first time... the unit will tell you to go back and make a pictures folder.

does the picture have to be a certain size for the f series? and does this pic only appear as the boot up pic or will it be the background for things like the cd player too? if not can you change the background for things like the cd player? again i dont have my operations disc with me and im trying to learn as much as i can before i get home.

does the picture have to be a certain size for the f series? and does this pic only appear as the boot up pic or will it be the background for things like the cd player too? if not can you change the background for things like the cd player? again i dont have my operations disc with me and im trying to learn as much as i can before i get home.

If you do a search for splash screens you will find tons of pics and they are the correct size! I can never remember the correct size for the avic. To my knowledge I only know that the splash screen is for start up only! Even if you dont find something you like, someone might be nice enough to make one for you.

• 2 weeks later...
I saw this wasn't answered----Is there anyway to change the background on your CD,FM,IPOD , not just the start up splash screen?

It actually has been answered lol.

Techniclly yes it can....but it requires hacking. And now it's a toss up because some members do not have the bckground file while others do.