AVIC411.com

caller ID when recieving call on F700bt?

is it possible to get the callers name to display when someone is calling instead of just the phone number on the f700?? preferably without hacking the unit?? i have allready tried changing all my phone #'s to the format the unit displays incoming calls in. ex. 1-702-123-4567 and then reloaded all contacts into the avic in that format, and it still didnt work.

any help?

Tony

is yours the f700? i had all my numbers in the 555-555-5555 format and it didn't do it. is there some sort of setting to change, because i cant find it.

is it maybe a computability issue with my phone? its a palm treo 750.

This glitch does seem to be related to certain phones and the way they pass information, my iphone 3G passes numbers, but doesn't match them to the names in the address book, I'll survive :wink:

Mine only shows the numbers as well. I don't get how the contacts can show names and mobile/ home/ office, but the caller ID can't.

It's just one of those things.. it'd be nice if it worked for me, but it doesn't, at least I can use the VR to say "call andrea, home" and it calls who I want, that's far more important to me.

If you notice, it works on outgoing calls, because the call originates from within the F-Series, so it can link the name to the number. It's the incoming calls that are screwed up, something is off on the format of the numbers, so it can't link the incoming number to a contact in the database.

If you notice, it works on outgoing calls, because the call originates from within the F-Series, so it can link the name to the number. It's the incoming calls that are screwed up, something is off on the format of the numbers, so it can't link the incoming number to a contact in the database.

Seems like the VR should work then, but it doesn't f/ me.