AVIC411.com

Newb offers thanks, XM direct input question

I'm a new F700 owner, having just upgraded from the FH-P8000BT. The P8000 was a nice unit but the feature set overwhelmed the 3 line display. Much thanks to everyone on avic411 for their efforts and postings. I was able to handle the hardware bypass and a couple of mods without incident. I started with the splash screen, nav mute button and updated XM icons and will do more as time permits.

As compared to the P8000 the F700 wins hands down. Only a few minor shortcomings I've noticed so far, such as my 40GB HDD isn't recognized (even with external power), no bluetooth audio profile, and no remote. However, nav, SD card, front aux, video, high res touch screen, modding capability, etc. easily make up for it.

One quirk in the XM system that I find annoying is the XM direct input. Entering a channel number is fine but when you select "enter" the channel changes but the unit stays at the number pad. As if the Pioneer designers expect users will always want to enter another one! Only the back button takes you back to the previous screen. I'd prefer that "enter" change the channel and take me to the detail screen. The number pad screen could alternatively indicate some channel information but changing the action of the enter button is probably easiest. Any ideas?

Thanks.