AVIC411.com

way to keep the radio running until I open the door?

My stock head unit had an option to keep the radio running until someone open the door does the 900bt have this option?

You can accomplish this by creating a latched circuit that latches using ACC and unlatches using the door switch. I did this myself and it works pretty well. To do it right you need 3 relays which you can pick up at radio shack for around $5 each.

go to www.the12volt.com and it shows you a diagram on how to wire up the 3 relays. when my dad had a 2000 lincoln ls, the factory radio stayed on till the door was opened, but the avic i installed would not. it was controlled by the computer. so i wired up the three relays for a retained accessory and it worked great. i also wired it up in my 98 f150. my 07 mustang already has it built in :)

mine stays on, but so did my stock one. i cant see why your stock radio would do it but your avic wont. did you use a different switched power source to power the avic?

Because some stock radios actually do the switching inside the radio. They monitor the car's data bus and watch for the door to open. (Older ones actually had a signal wire for door open run to the radio.)

go to www.the12volt.com and it shows you a diagram on how to wire up the 3 relays. when my dad had a 2000 lincoln ls, the factory radio stayed on till the door was opened, but the avic i installed would not. it was controlled by the computer. so i wired up the three relays for a retained accessory and it worked great. i also wired it up in my 98 f150. my 07 mustang already has it built in :)

In the case of the 2000 LS, there was an easier way. There's a delayed power circuit that runs the power windows. You could have tapped into that at one of the connectors behind the right side rear pillar (over the package shelf).

ahhh I see well you know what its a brand new car and I dont know if I wanna tap into wires just yet. its an 08 Astra. It just sucks because my other stock cd player did it and now I wanted it on this one as well...

Well im gonna think about it more thanks everyone for the great help!

Brad :(

The appropriate adapter should retain accessory power until the door is opened. Do you know if the installer used an adapter from PAC or Connects?

i dont know about astra's, but my somewhat "technology challenged" american car works with the metra harness. no interface/can buss setup, just plug-n-play. do most cars need a module or interface to have delayed power?

The appropriate adapter should retain accessory power until the door is opened. Do you know if the installer used an adapter from PAC or Connects?

i dont know about astra's, but my somewhat "technology challenged" american car works with the metra harness. no interface/can buss setup, just plug-n-play. do most cars need a module or interface to have delayed power?

If by "most" you mean most of the cars on the road today, then the answer is no. If by "most" you mean most of the cars currently being manufactured, then I'm not so sure. I can say that more and more are going this way. In fact for some you need an electronic adapter just to have power that is switched on and off with the key. And, of course, many cars now don't even have a mechanical key and key switch anymore. They use an RFID fob and a push to start/push to stop button.

I did the install, I soldered every wire to the appropriate place and connected the steering wheel controls and everything works fine. but I remember my other car had 3 options

1) have the stereo turn of with the key

2) have the stereo turn off when the door opened and

3) have the stereo turn off manually, so I would have to turn the radio off or it would stay on forever (or until the battery died)

so ya I bet its electronically sensored or something im probably gonna go to the euro forums and ask if they had this problem