AVIC411.com

Hey all I have searched alot on this forums but I think my problem is vehicle specific. I have a 2004 Honda Civic EX Well I have more then one, I am in the process of installing the Avic 90bt and am running into problems.

First I dont know where the blue wire goes. The manual says if you have a glass antenna (which I do) connect it to the booster power control terminal? What is this I think its the little black box that was with my OEM radio is this correct? If so I hook it up to the white/red wire? The white/red should be the hot wire?

Next I have read alot about this illumination wire. Some say connect it to the 12 power outlet, but here my problem. I have 2 wires left over from the OEM radio red and red/black. These wires are for my interior light system. Is this where I want to connect them to? If so which wire do I connect the orange wire to? The hot (red/black) or the negative (red)?

My last two wires are the Lt/green and the Pink. I believe the pink wire goes to my black/orange wire under my dash (VSS) can anyone confirm this? I did a search, but my car wasnt under the one listed only the DX was.

Lastly I havent attempted to hook up the Lt/Green wire yet, but what wire does it hook up to on my hand brake? Thanks guys

good site but my car isnt listed think I will be ok to use the 2001 civic? Its still a 7th gen.

Seems like my VSS wire off the Cruise control is blue/white.

No info on the antenna or the illumination that I can see.

As for the brake switch I just found that its the positive wire, I should be able to figure that out easy enough

Thanks for fast response!

edit:for park brake I found grn/orange wires, I am not sure if they are positive or negative. The ones I need to hook up need to be positive. Need to get my test light out unless someone can confirm this.

Yea sorry 4 door. Factory harness is cut off. I made a mistake reading the diagram there is only one power line at the brake and that is where my Lt green wire from the Avic goes to.

However I have 3 blue/white wires under my dash any idea which of the three is my VSS?

Also the blue antenna wire I am unsure where it goes. The radio on the avic is working so I am not sure.

I found where the wire for the illumination goes. I connected it to power and now the unit dims and brightens with my headlights.

Thanks in advance

I cut the harness off..should I have bought a harness instead? This is my first radio install ever, and I dont plan on selling the car, or putting the OEM radio back in. Everything works, all the speaker wires are connected, as well as power and grounds, but I am having trouble with the VSS wire as well as the antenna wire. Thanks for the input.

How close did you cut the wires to the plug? If you can re-attach the factory plug on, DO IT. And solder shrink-wrap the connections.

If you can't do that, you're gonna have to buy a Metra 71-1721 Male lead harness, wire that up, then buy a Metra 70-1721 Wiring harness for the radio.

In the future, NEVER cut the factory plugs for an aftermarket product. The harness costs between $10-$15, and they're worth every penny.