AVIC411.com

Parrot Install Gurus

Looking to install a 3200 LS. I have an inifiniti 03 G35 with the bose connected to a D1. Now I know that the Parrot uses Volkswagen harness. What do I need to intergrate it to car besides that? I have been searching all over with no luck. There has to be a least expensive way than the 150 harness option?

Also my parrot harness a white and brown wire what are they for? Not on the manual...

Any help pointers is appreciated..

Parrot uses a standard ISO plug interface, unfortunately most vehicles sold in America do not use those plugs.

QuickConnectProducts has a harness for you.

150 bucks? Wow.. Does any one know what that black box does. I am thinking it is a high to low convertor of some sort. Maybe I can put together a harness for a lot cheaper than that.

• 3 weeks later...

i hate installing parrots

if I remember correctly, the bose amp is on the left hand side of the trunk. Just wire the parrot on the speaker out side of the bose amp. I just did one of these the other day, so double check my wiring

Speaker plugs

RR+ white

RR- gray

RF+ Green

RF- Blue

LF+ orange

LF- Red

LR+ Black

LR- brown

Power plugs

White is mute 1

Yellow is mute 2

blue is mute 3

orange is 12ign

green ??

brown i think was the illiumination (i normally don't connect this anyway)

red is 12+

black is ground

if you need the wiring for the G35, i can get it when i go back to work saturday for you

Parrot uses a standard ISO plug interface, unfortunately most vehicles sold in America do not use those plugs.

QuickConnectProducts has a harness for you.

150 bucks? Wow.. Does any one know what that black box does. I am thinking it is a high to low convertor of some sort. Maybe I can put together a harness for a lot cheaper than that.

the black "box" is a relay.

and the harness is basically so you don't have to cut your factory wires, it makes it plug and play

Are they really that much of pain?

Thanks.. for your help.

Sure if you can send them to me that would be great

It is a 2003 G35 sedan with Bose.

i hate installing parrots

if I remember correctly, the bose amp is on the left hand side of the trunk. Just wire the parrot on the speaker out side of the bose amp. I just did one of these the other day, so double check my wiring

Speaker plugs

RR+ white

RR- gray

RF+ Green

RF- Blue

LF+ orange

LF- Red

LR+ Black

LR- brown

Power plugs

White is mute 1

Yellow is mute 2

blue is mute 3

orange is 12ign

green ??

brown i think was the illiumination (i normally don't connect this anyway)

red is 12+

black is ground

if you need the wiring for the G35, i can get it when i go back to work saturday for you

no, not really a pain, but just extra work to cut those wires and reconnect them.....but most of my customers don't wan't to pay for those extra parrot parts to make them plug and play. Which is also the reason I charge about $160.00 to install them :lol:

:lol: That is justifiable. You are throwing in the labor!

A shop by me wanted to do it with the harness and about 150 labor.. At the end, I might has well bought a new Pioneer with the bluetooth built in.