AVIC411.com

Ordered AVIC-F700BT; What else do I need?

Hey guys, first post here.

I orderd an AVIC-F700BT the other day. I read here that a lot of people are having problems with them. Are there any other radios like this that have the voice control? That is the main feature I need?

Also I am putting this into a 2000 Ford Explorer EB Edition. What type of wiring harness do I need so I can just plug and play. I want to install it myself.

I bought the AVIC-F700BT

Pioneer GEX-P10HD HD Radio Tuner for Pioneer HD Radio-Ready Head Units

PAC SWI-PS Sony and Pioneer Steering Wheel Radio Control Interface

Pioneer CD-IU230V iPod Audio/Video Direct Cable for AVIC-F900BT and AVIC-F700BT

Thanks guys!

I just ordered the same stuff! Nice! I'm waiting for the GEX-P20HD though.

Is the newer model GEX a lot better? I can send this one back if I don't open it.

What will the new model offer? I am in no hurry for the HD stuff, just though it would be nice. I will use the ipod most of the time.

I am just unsure what adapter I will need to connect this to my Ford stock radio.

Is this all I need?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_593 ... FRD1.html#

I am unsure what wire connections come with the 700BT. I seen an adapter at Best Buy that was $21 but had a connector that plugs into the car adapter but only has wires on the other end. Does the 700 just have wires in the back or a modular connector?

BTW the FAQ files for most everything else is great. I already learned a lot from those.

I'm not sure what gear you need but I used crutchfield.com to see all the install gear I needed before buying it sonicelectronix.

I also visited forums dedicated to my car model to read their experiences with aftermarket A/V.

Along with the 700BT I got the Wire Harness, In dash receiver kit, and a Motorola Male to OEM Female antenna adapter.

The only reason why I'm holding off on the P10HD is so I can reuse the P20HD in the future or in case they come out with another update to the F series with added support for the P20HD.

here's what i had. BUT i had it installed today and they said the steering wheel interface was wrong so i have to confirm the right one was sent to me

sirius tuner SIRIUS SC-C1 and interface Pioneer CD-SB10

pioneer back up cam

model C2R-CHY2 (adapter to have an AFTERMARKET)

Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep In-dash Receiver Kit For select 2007-up models, chassis size DD

cable for ipod Pod® interface cable for the Pioneer AVIC-F700BT and AVIC-F900BT

Antenna Adapter Euro female to Motorola male Works with a variety of 1999-up European and American vehicles

(this last one is the piece i ordered that i dropped off today but they said it wasnt right, i dont remember inspecting the package all crazy like for part numbers so i could have been sent the wrong thing)

PAC SWI-PS - Pioneer and Sony Steering Wheel Radio Control Interface