AVIC411.com

HOW TO: Removing the route info box when no route is present

People have been doing this for awhile, but in the previous version when the box was on screen it displayed pre-inputted variables. With this version it displays the settings you chose through the navigation settings menu just like the factory software did. As far as I know this mod is completely working, I've done quite a bit of testing and can't find any situations where it doesn't work as designed. I thought I'd give a rundown of all the changes if anyone wants to implement it into there data.zip. First I edited navigatemap_800_480.ui

As you can see I added the navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid variable to the visiblemodel, for the above text and sprites. Next I edited navigatemap.ui I created a new script called sc_frhideri.

It's pretty straight forward, I also tacked on the GPS y value to move the icon up or down depending on whether the route info box is present. Depending on where your GPS icon is you may or may not want to use that last bit of code. Next I had to call the script. I did this in a couple of places, twice in navigatemap.ui

As you can see I once again added my gps y values to sc_FullScreen. I also called for the script sc_frhideri once more in advmenu.ai

With these modifications to your data.zip file the route info box will disappear from the screen unless a route is present, and you still maintain the ability to change what can be seen in the box via the navigation settings menu.

For a 2.0 data.zip with ONLY this mod click here.

For a 2.0 data.zip with this mod and all of Maverickster's mods[12/09/08] click here.

Remember to rename to data.zip.

Question

I copy and replace the first code into my navgat.ui?

then i add the following codes beneath this in the same layer?

thanks

To make this work you need to modify three different files.

ui_pioneer\800_480\ui\navigatemap_800_480.ui

ui_pioneer\common\ui\navigatemap.ui

ui_pioneer\common\ui\advmenu.ui

In the directions above, I stated which bit of code goes in which file.

To make it easier...how about a data.zip folder to download?

Thank you!

I have just added one to the first post, I'd recommend not using the entire zip though, and rather use it as a reference to modify yours. Unless of course this is your first mod, then I suppose go ahead.

hey Frumroll,

I got this mod working but everytime the unit turns on and i go to set a destination there is a FFUIERROR, if i click the box it goes away and doesnt happen again til the unit it turned off then back on. I was reading in Mav's that he made a mistake like this but then he corrected it. Any suggestions?

I didn't run into this problem with either my data.zip or the small one i posted. Could you please post the code you edited? Please post your entire scripts/layers. Also I'm about to leave for work, so you may not have your answer for another 9 hours. You may want to check this statement though.

I figured it out I guess I copied and pasted from both sources (your data.zip and internet codes) whichever was easier to access at the time. So I had some codes with your gps stuff and some without. I guess that made the error message. Its all working now its sweet!

thank again,

Bryan

p.s. what did gps code actually do anyway?

I figured it out I guess I copied and pasted from both sources (your data.zip and internet codes) whichever was easier to access at the time. So I had some codes with your gps stuff and some without. I guess that made the error message. Its all working now its sweet!

thank again,

Bryan

p.s. what did gps code actually do anyway?

The gps code changed the y value of a sprite called fr_gps. In essence when the route info box is on screen the sprite is directly above the route info box, and when the box isn't on screen it moves down to the corner. You could modify the code to move anything else around you wanted toggled by the route info box. Just as an example you could add btnNMB_Nav2D.x 600 where i had fr_gps.y 394 and btnNMB_Nav2D.x 720 where i had fr_gps.y 283. This will move the 2d nav button to the left when there is a route info box on screen, and move it back when there isn't. Obviously that's a pretty impractical use of the mod, but it will show you what the functionality of the statement is.

• 3 weeks later...

Due to numerous PM's I have uploaded another .zip, this one has all of Maverickster's 12/09/08 mods, plus mine for hiding the route information. I do not use mav's mods myself, so if you notice that my mod has disabled any functionality of his please post in this thread and I will do what I can to troubleshoot the issue.

Please check the first post for the download link.

I am having a problem with the code. When not in route, I'm getting a bunch of zero's in where the information used to be.

Which code changes the location of the numbers above and below the big green navigation arrow.

Off topic question. I sort of understand how the coloring work(color1=text color, color2=outline color, color 3=?????).

Lets say that I wanted no outline color, what would be the code for that?

What is color3?

Is there some sort of guide to the coloring of text? what=what. ex. - FF0000=red 000000=black. I guess what I'm trying to ask is what codes make what colors

Thanks is advance for any help.

I am having a problem with the code. When not in route, I'm getting a bunch of zero's in where the information used to be.

Are you using one of the premade zip files, or are you trying to modify your own? If your modifying your own it sounds like you messed up the code in navigatemap.ui Specifically double check these areas.

Next I edited navigatemap.ui I created a new script called sc_frhideri.

Which code changes the location of the numbers above and below the big green navigation arrow.

I did not modify these values as part of this mod, but you can find those values in navigatemap_800_480.ui. They should look similar to this.

Off topic question. I sort of understand how the coloring work(color1=text color, color2=outline color, color 3=?????).

Lets say that I wanted no outline color, what would be the code for that?

There should be a glowsize value, change it to 0 and you won't have an outline.

What is color3?

Frankly I'm not sure, most of my mods have been more functional then aesthetic. Hopefully someone else can help you with this one.

Is there some sort of guide to the coloring of text? what=what. ex. - FF0000=red 000000=black. I guess what I'm trying to ask is what codes make what colors

Check out http://htmlcolorcodes.org/

Thanks is advance for any help.

You're welcome.