AVIC411.com

Z-1 Installation in GM Vehicles with OnStar

I have an '05 GM Buick Lacrosse with Bose premium sound and OnStar. I understand that installing the Z-1 in any GM vehicle requires a lot of adaptors and may even require keeping the original radio wired up in the trunk to keep all the information settings active like door chimes, light dimming, fuel readouts etc. which all run through the radio's "brain".

Has anyone out there installed the Z-1 in a current GM vehicle? If so, would you mind sharing your experience and just what was needed to make the unit work happily in your vehicle?

Thanks.

Rob
I didn't do my install (it was 'free' through where I bought my N2), but I did have to buy an extra add-on for the on-star and for the door chime (something around $75/each if I remember correctly). As far as lights dimming or fuel readouts, I didn't hear anything about that. Try asking a stereo shop, tell them that you are interested in doing the install yourself but you need the extra parts from them, and ask them what the extra parts are, price, etc.

Oh, I have a 2005 GMC Envoy.
Sounds like you may need a GMOS-04 there are several different adapters available for the GM'S depending on with or without ONSTAR and BOSE. Looks like you have both. I used this adapter in my 03 escalade and it worked flawless still have full function of all chimes, bose, onstar, and computer. here is the link to crutchfield with the pages for the adapters. Check with a local shop to make sure but if you end up needing the G-MOS 04 I have an extra that is brand new just opened to make sure it was all there. I will take $50.00 plus shipping for it. I bought one from crutchfield and they sent it without the rca's for the factory amp. I sent that one back but my Z1 got here before the new adapter so I bought one from circuit city for $150.00 because I wanted to get the HU put in. Did the install myself wiring is pretty basic.[url=http://www.crutchfield.com/S-2dV4qKdFE8G/cgi-bin/prodgroup.asp?g=751&avf=N&pg=2]http://www.crutchfield.com/S-2dV4qKdFE8 ... avf=N&pg=2[/url]
Very interested in taking that unit off your hands....why don't you send me a private message so we can discuss without taking up room on the forum...you may need to register as a member to do so. Also, did you need to keep the stock radio hooked up in line in your trunk to maintain full vehicle functionality?

Thanks,

Rob
Scott...triple checking on the specs right now and if it looks like I DEFINITELY need it, I'll grab it for the $50 + shipping. May need to ask you to overnight it or 2 day it though. What state are you in?

Thanks,

Rob

PS Still didn't see a way to PM you...do you want to PM me your email address?