AVIC411.com

Recently Installed F90bt Issues

Hi, I am new to this site but it seems like there is a wealth of knowledge here. I have searched but have been unable to find my problem discussed here. My friend and I recently installed an Avic f90bt in my 2008 GMC Sierra. Most of the functions work perfectly, however I do have some issues. One is I cannot select settings it is not lit up and won't allow me to select. The bluetooth functions do not work or light up either. Also, it will not allow me to see DVD's, I can hear them but I get an error message saying I can't view while moving even though I am in park and sitting still. Also, with the Nav, it won't allow me to select a destination It allows me to see the map and see where I am going. My iPod, XM radio, CD, and other functions seem to be working well. I wish that I was more experienced with electronics. Thank you for any advice.

do what above poster mentioned or make sure the parking brake is set when you are trying to access the functions you are talking about! If you haven't done the software or hardware mod, virtually nothing can be changed or set up until the brake is fully set! I went through the same thing

vic