AVIC411.com

Transfering the Data.zip file

Ok, I have searched and this is the best answer I found (see info from dgurjala below my manuscript) however not being very tech savvy, someone please clarify a few things for me (unless someone can link a step by step thread the explains it for dummies like me):

1. After I download and decompress the data.zip file on my PC do I put on the SD card in the root menu? Or do I need to create a directory in my SD specifically? I already have the two files on the SD card to boot into test more, do I just put the Data.zip next to them?

2. Assuming that question #1 is answers as is, after I boot up the F500 in test mode, open up my flash folder and find this data.zip file, where do I extract it into the windows CE in order for it to stay in the system, or do I just leave it on the card?

This might seem a very amateur question but I am as green as it gets on this topic. Thanks in advance

dgurjala wrote:

just to clarify guys, so I uncompress the data.rar file, then place the data.zip file in the usual My Flash Disk/APL2/iGo/ directory, right?

What do I do with the sys.txt, finalnew.ttf, finalold.ttf, and tahoma1.ttf files?

thanks in advance...

Those also go into My Flash Disk/APL2/iGo/, next to DATA.ZIP.

Basically data.zip will follow the same directory structure on your PC and Avic. So if on your PC it's in .../APL2/iGo it will be the same on the Avic. data.zip already exist on the unit so make sure you back that one up before loading the new one. You could just rename it and leave it there for easy changover in case something goes wrong.

I doesn't matter where you put it on the SD card. Root (top directory) if preferred for easy of access.

Basically data.zip will follow the same directory structure on your PC and Avic. So if on your PC it's in .../APL2/iGo it will be the same on the Avic. data.zip already exist on the unit so make sure you back that one up before loading the new one. You could just rename it and leave it there for easy changover in case something goes wrong.

I doesn't matter where you put it on the SD card. Root (top directory) if preferred for easy of access.

Where is the Data.zip file located on windows CE? I couldn't find it.

How and where do I back it up?