AVIC411.com

2005 and up nissan frontier/xterra

Hello All,

I have a 2005 Nissan Frontier NISMO edition...I'm hooking up a D2. apparently there is no VSS wire available to hook up to for navigation.
I found this post on another forum and was wondering if anyone had any info about it...

[url=http://www.carnavigationforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=171]http://www.carnavigationforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=171[/url]

They are saying that you have to have the rockford fosgate system installed to have the VSS wire available for vehicle speed sensative volume. I don't have the RF system but the factory stereo does have speed sensative volume for sure..so can anyone confirm the VSS wire going to the factorystereo? (I'm in China for a duration of time and want to know this before I purchase a D2) I don't want to come back and not be able to hook up the VSS wire.

Also is their any other owners out there that can confirm the location of the VSS wire in the gauge cluster like they mention in the above post link...Thanks
I have a D2 in my 2006 Nismo with the RF package. On the bigger of the two harnesses, there's a light blue wire (top right, looking from the wire side) which is the VSS. If you have that, you're good to go.

Now, getting the damn unit to fit was the hardest part. I'm still using the non-Nissan mounting holes on the unit because the support bar behind the dash is in the way. I know others have gotten it to fit, but I have the IP Bus cables hooked up for the XM, and I think the plugs are hitting that bar.
I have the PAC adapter, it works well. I have it setup to adjust volume, channel, source, and the power button is mute. Of course, you can program it to do whatever you like. My only gripe is the channel up/down won't control presets.

I currently have my GPS antenna under the dash, actually it's on top of the AVIC. It gets good reception there so I don't plan on going through the trouble of mounting it outside. The XM antenna, for now, is running out to the roof through the front passenger door. I plan on running it through the third brake light when I get the chance. I tried to when I installed everything initially, but it couldn't reach along the floor, so I'll have to go through the headliner and down the A-pillar.