AVIC411.com

Software Mod AFTER 2.0 Already Done?

Although your advise did not lead Directly to my fix, it did lead me to think outside the box and find a way not specifically in any of the threads I read through (including the FAQs) So in one sense thanks for sending me to a thread that I've visited several times and did not help at all, and at the same time, Thanks for sending me on a wild goose chase which lead me to put together information from at least 5 threads into a realistic and fully functional fix. :lol: I'm not trying to be a dick, but if I sound that way, I'm sorry, it comes naturally.

The problem was that in the Software hack thread linked from the sticky it does not say ANYTHING about using the WinCE Testmode to perform the hack, so I assumed, and I'm sure many others have assumed, that the hack was done by altering the pioneer.ini file inside the data.zip on the update, then letting the update take place, moving the data.zip with the altered pioneer.ini file into the unit. I found out by personal experience that is not the case, or if it is, then this is an alternative, and easy way to do it. In short, my conclusion is that the update really has nothing to do with the hack whatsoever, it's just a matter of booting the unit in WinCE Testmode and copying the file over, The software mod thread should be altered to specifically say this so there is less confusion, and thus less threads like this one (mine) coming up.