AVIC411.com

F90 in a Mitsubishi Evo IX and Hi

Just wanted to say hi and a big thanks to all that contribute to this site. I have been lurking for a while reading and learning. This forum has been very helpful.

Some of you may know that the Evo IX only has is single din, so I had to do some custom work to get the double din installed. It's basically relocating the HVAC controls.

For search purpose here is how I did my install.

Evo double din install walkthrough

Here are a few pics.

Before:

evo_rb.jpg

After:

evo_nav2.jpg

evo_nav.jpg

Thanks to a forum member for this background, love it!

I hope to contribute to the background thread here soon.

Had it in for about a week now but so far I love it (my first nav)! I have done the bypass and branded POI mods and plan to do more. The fact that the VR for phone (iphone) calls doesn't work properly is a tad annoying but it seems to be a common issue. All in all it was well worth the effort.

Again thanks to those that contribute and I look forward to modding this thing.

Looks good. I had an 02 lancer a couple years ago, could never find the double din kit.

I couldn't help but notice however that there is a 1/8" gap around the avic, I'd suggest getting a double din trim ring to fix that. Makes a big difference.

Thanks

the double din kit is the jdm version, straight from japan.

yeah I'm looking into that trim piece, hadn't had time lately. But I defiantly plan on doing it. It's not that bad from the driver seat though. Looking straight on at it makes it very obvious.