AVIC411.com

coding help to make stock clock show house numbers

Well I feel like a noob today considering I do computer programming for a living.

I want to implement this hack that maverickster showed but i dont want the change in clock or size. I want to use the stock clock and press it to show house numbers or the compass button doesnt matter which one. Any suggestions on how to modify this code? :?:

CLOCK/HOUSE NUMBER MOD

Step 1 - Find the ";time" code in the navigatemap_800_480.ui file in the DATA/ui_pioneer/800_480/ui folder in the DATA.zip file. Replace it with the following and edit the font size, font color, and alignment to taste:

Code:

;Clock

Step 2 - Find the first occurrence of "" in the navigatemap_800_480.ui file in the DATA/ui_pioneer/800_480/ui folder in the DATA.zip file. Then add the following code beginning on the next line after the first "":

Code:

;house numbers display

Step 3 - Add the bmps in the attached zip file to the DATA/ui_pioneer/800_480/ folder in the DATA.zip fle.

RESULTS: This will make the clock bigger (although you can adjust the font size in the code yourself) and will make it clickable. If you click the clock, it will display the house numbers adjacent to your current location immediately below the current gps location arrow. Press the house numbers to clear them.

Well I feel like a noob today considering I do computer programming for a living.

I want to implement this hack that maverickster showed but i dont want the change in clock or size. I want to use the stock clock and press it to show house numbers or the compass button doesnt matter which one. Any suggestions on how to modify this code? :?:

In the clock part, just add the onrelease code, don't change font/size settings of the clock. Add the house numbers layer as posted.

so thats it? thats all i have to add? plus the layer code obviously

;Clock

Not quite. Find the clock element in the navigatemap_800_480.ui:

Leave font, color, etc. attributes as they are, but add onrelease action before the closing bracket.

Alternatively, use my housenumbers mod -- it puts them on the current street line, left and right of the street name, so they are always there...