AVIC411.com

Avic D3 Turning On And Off.... Please Help!!!

Hello........I have an Avic D3 Installed in a 2005 Chevrolet Silverado With The Bose Stereo And Onstar.... I Used the Peripheral(Stinger) GMAH24B Adapter To wire in the deck, Works Great!! I installed the deck about 6 months ago...... I have done alot of car audio installs but this one has me stumped.........

The Problem I am Having is every so often while I am driving the deck turns off and then powers back up almost instantly, When it does this it resumes back to what i was doing, It seems to be doing it more frequently now so i pulled the deck back out and checked all connections they all seem to be good, I pulled and wiggled on every wire hooked to the unit and could not make it turn off and on like it does while driving. Everything is wired using The factory wiring harness so should have great ground and good 12v... Also i have the deck bypassed could that be the problem?

Any ideas of what is wrong?? Bad Ground?, Bad+12v, Solutions?

Thanks!!!!!

Well, this sounds very similar to my problem. I have a D3 in a 2006 Silverado and it drains the battery after about 5 days. The unit is causing a 2 amp draw. I have no idea what the hell is going on but it has taken 2 months of removing and replacing fuses and a trip to GM to find the problem.

I have a D3 in my 2008 Toyota as well and no problems. I have been thinking about hitting the reset button on the back of the unit and trying that.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I have narrowed it down to either it being too cold at the startup or the upgrade DVD. Those are the only things that have been changed.

I too ripped the radio back out and tightened all wires, etc. I checked and there is no 2AMP draw from mine.

I really am confused by the problem as I have had the radio for two years and it is just starting with this nonsense now.

:(

I have narrowed it down to either it being too cold at the startup or the upgrade DVD. Those are the only things that have been changed.

I too ripped the radio back out and tightened all wires, etc. I checked and there is no 2AMP draw from mine.

I really am confused by the problem as I have had the radio for two years and it is just starting with this nonsense now.

:(

i really think my problem is the upgrade disc..

I Have had the Truck since new (2005) Never had any problems with the stock deck, Mine does not have any current drain.... DSMKilla you mentioned it was a bad connection in the BSM Harness any ideas as to what wire was bad? .................... Also upgraded unit with new Pioneer CDMV-80mt Realese this did not solve the problem...

• 10 months later...